No announcement yet.

3DS or 3DS LL (XL)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do have to buy a new 3DS to play MH4? You do know that the carts are removable?

Edit: 'cos you sold the old ones on as part of your therapy. Doh!
    Last edited by gunrock; 21-08-2013, 08:16.

Comment

MH4 won't be out here until 2067 or something ridiculous. My UK XL cannot play Japanese games. I'm not planning on using it for any other game, so I'm just going to D/L MH4. I don't have to wait for any postpersons to bring it to me that way, neither do I have to face the possibility of Customs taxes. I've become adverse to buying actual games, unless they cannot be D/L'd like Kid Icarus for example.

The thought of numerous PS4 titles littering my shelves is already beginning to worry me somewhat. Hopefully you can be entirely digital if you want to.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

J0e wins. I got stung for ?11 on a $28.49 game today. That hurt.
        Downloading ftw.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
          The thought of numerous PS4 titles littering my shelves is already beginning to worry me somewhat. Hopefully you can be entirely digital if you want to.

I would have thought that it's almost certain at this point that you can be.

I also like downloading games. It's much neater and more convenient. However it's a pain not being able to sell or trade them in some cases.

Comment

I only live in fear currently about my Wii U.
            If my Japanese Wii U dies, I doubt customer service are going to be very helpful about getting my content transferred.
            I guess the same applies to my 3DSs.

I suspect that a proper Nintendo account system is incoming though. (Mere speculation and heresay - I have no real knowledge.)

Comment

Just to throw my two cents in, I would say that there is pretty much no reason you would ever get a 3DS over the 3DSXL/LL.

The larger unit, in addition to the obvious improvements (the larger screens) has better battery life, better build quality, screens that aren't so reflective... I struggle to think of any way in which the original was better. Some will suggest "the original is smaller" but I'd argue that both units need a coat pocket or a bag - rather than going in a trouser pocket (unlike a closed GBASP or GBMicro), so whilst it is bigger, I don't think the additional size hampers it much.

The original may be ?30 cheaper, but that's the price of one game (when you think about it). It really is worth paying the extra.

Originally posted by InvisibleKid View Post
              I suspect that a proper Nintendo account system is incoming though. (Mere speculation and heresay - I have no real knowledge.)
              Nintendo had BETTER sort that **** out before the new Phoenix Wright is out. I've not bought anything on the eShop despite wanting to spend like ?70. I won't spend a penny until this is at least confirmed; I mean what if your 3DS gets stolen?

Comment

Nintendo have stated that they have no intention of doing it any time soon, despite being continually told by consumers that that's what they would like. Unless NCL say so, it wont happen.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                  Nintendo have stated that they have no intention of doing it any time soon, despite being continually told by consumers that that's what they would like. Unless NCL say so, it wont happen.
                  It's still infuriating. I don't want the digital-only Phoenix Wright to be a failure, or we won't get any future ones - but I will ignore it unless Nintendo fix that problem. I haven't bought any of the Guild games either, despite wanting practically all of them.

Comment

Working...
                  X