No announcement yet.

EMS SPEEDPOST from TOKYO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuro Neko are awesome. The disappointment I got when I called a courier here and they said "okay, we'll deliver it again for you, but it will take 48 hours"...I called Kuro Neko after they'd tried to deliver something from Amazon Japan for me and they had it with me in 2 hours. AND they ride stuff around on tricycles!

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
      Parcel Force are a F@#king joke. Admin charge? What the hell ? Why do they feel the need to charge that? In the US or Japan companies don't charge you a penny. Seems like scam to get more out of the customer than anything else.

Our EMS stuff from say, China is handled by Yamato Kuro Nekko. They are basically a delivery service just like Parcel Force but have no issues holding stuff and bringing it back to your house at any time without any charges.
      They claim its because they are kind enough to pay the duty on arrival to "speed" up the customs process basically a con and a price gouge for nowt, I would always use fed ex same service but faster, cheaper and Bill you later rather than hold up your goods

Comment

yes i paid ?15 for ems shipping , and this charge makes me feel im paying twice, oh and they sill havent delivered it either.

Comment

Ah well. It will all be forgotten when you are enjoying crisp unscaled 240p action.

Comment

True, my n64 looks so bad, my tv is only 4 months old 4k, so the upscaling for 240p sources is really bad,

cant wait to play the games on my tv with this, does anyone use scanlines at all .

Comment

I do, with 480p sources as well. The FM output is razor-sharp for 240p sources, but I honestly think it looks even better with scanlines on. Being its 480i and 480p output a bit soft, scanlines also help in reducing that.

I don't know how it will look on a 4K display though, so far only tested it on 1920x1200 or 1920x1080 screens.

Comment

well im hoping to get it today, so for something like the Gamecube that is 480p , do you use the Component cable for it.

Comment

PS2, Wii, GC, XB1, and PSP are with component cables, yes. However the FM doesn't come with a component in, but a D-Terminal in. IIRC Micomsoft did the very bad move of not including and adapter in the FM.

Comment

I've just got it and in the box is a D terminal to componet convertor, so I think I'm good to go, with a rgb lead in it as well.

also it was marked under 4000 yen, but it appears we can only bring in 15 pounds from Japan, so,this was ?17 hence the custom charge I assume.
                    Last edited by arcnas; 09-04-2015, 15:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X