What to do with my sons old Xbox 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with my sons old Xbox 360?

My son has got his shiny Xbox one now, so his 360 is redundant. I opened it up to swap the casing for a gears of war version ages ago so cex won't accept it.

Can I use it as a media player?

Can I connect it to a CRT via scart as the only spare tv is a CRT that I use for my retro gaming?

Yes, you can get a scart lead. Yes, it will do Netflix and Plex PC Streaming.

Does he not still want to play any of the 360 games?

Comment

He only had Fifa 16 & Black Ops 3, I've replaced them with the xbo versions along with a few others.

Hopefully it will communicate with my Mac mini?

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll do some proper research.

Comment

You can get plex on the Mac mini

Comment

Mac is in the living room, so i m sure I can stream from it to the 360 upstairs

Comment

Could try GAME? They accepted a 360 I had opened up some years back now.

Comment

That's good to know, I only changed the case, my lad now wants a kinect so I'm all up for tradng.

Comment

Can the 360 run emulators and whatnot via exploits/softmods like the OG Xbox used to? That console was spectacular for all the extra stuff you could make it do.

Comment

Nope, it's pretty locked down. Unless you have a really old version of the dash.

Comment

Guess you've never heard of the Reset Glitch Hack.

Hardly new either.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                      Guess you've never heard of the Reset Glitch Hack.

Hardly new either.
                      sounds interesting, i'm up and running with plex now, theres life in the old dog yet, running emulators sould be an added bonus!

scratch that, thats a whole lot of faffing around to run emulators, i'll keep my sfc and md setup
                      Last edited by chojin; 31-12-2015, 05:56.

Comment

OK i've stumbled upon an issue with Plex, it constantly buffers every minute or so it's doing my nut in!

I have used the onboard microsoft viewer as well to playback files on my mac and this has the same effect.

Also I can't play mkv files via Plex, it gives me a communication error.

Any ideas?

Comment

Is NAT set up properly on the 360? Not coming back as "strict" in network settings is it?
                          mkv should be ok.... Is transcoding turned on?

I watched some of my files at someone else's house on a giant screen via the interwebs and was amazed how good it was.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                            Is NAT set up properly on the 360? Not coming back as "strict" in network settings is it?
                            mkv should be ok.... Is transcoding turned on?

I watched some of my files at someone else's house on a giant screen via the interwebs and was amazed how good it was.
                            I have no idea I just installed the app on the 360 and connected to my mac..

Is NAT in the Plex app on the 360 or the actual consoles settings and like wise for transcoding?

Comment

NAT stuff: http://www.pcworld.com/article/24296..._xbox_360.html

Transcoding I think is now default on the server software - have a look in the Mac / Plex settings.

Comment

Working...
                              X