No announcement yet.

VR options 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave my mate Resident Evil Kitchen Demo as his first VR experience. He wanted kill me afterwards. Why would you do something like that? he asked. Because it's funny :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
      I gave my mate Resident Evil Kitchen Demo as his first VR experience. He wanted kill me afterwards. Why would you do something like that? he asked. Because it's funny :-)
      Evil honestly I can't deal with VR horror. Horror movies, regular horror games, no problem, but VR horror ****s me right up. I couldn't cope with The Persistence for this reason.

Comment

Any horror VR available for Quest? I had a browse on the store but nothing in that area jumped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
          Any horror VR available for Quest? I had a browse on the store but nothing in that area jumped out.
          Hah!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
            Evil honestly I can't deal with VR horror. Horror movies, regular horror games, no problem, but VR horror ****s me right up. I couldn't cope with The Persistence for this reason.
            Even hiding from cartoon robots in a brightly-coloured office environment is enough for me.

Comment

Hiding from the old woman in Resi VII... :S

Comment

I'd like to meet that new tall lady in VR. She seems nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Five Nights At Freddy’s VR: Help Wanted

The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners

Not played Five Nights and have only play Saints & Sinners on PC VR - it's pretty decent, but I don't know if there's much of a downgrade on Quest.

Scariest VR game I've played is the VR mod for Alien: Isolation - that game is stress inducing without VR, putting the headset on takes it to another level (PCVR required tho).

Comment

Alien was too stressful for me on a PC! I barely got into it before it was too much. Not sure I could handle it on VR... but I would like to try.

Comment

How large are VR games on average? Is the 64GB version of the Oculus Quest 2 the gimped version?

Comment

There are larger titles in the 3GB area, most are under a GB - Vadar Immortal Ep 1 is about 3GB, so if you count all the episodes as one game it's around 10GB. Saints and Sinners is the largest single install at 8GB.

If you're a light user, 64GB is enough space.
                        Last edited by MartyG; 17-03-2021, 07:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                          How large are VR games on average? Is the 64GB version of the Oculus Quest 2 the gimped version?
                          Not at all; I had the 32gb Quest and honestly never came close to filling it. It works like the Switch or any other console; you can delete stuff and it'll keep your savegames, and cycle games in and out.

But in size terms they vary enormously. Some Quest experiences are literally a few hundred meg, some are gigabytes. It depends entirely on the game. But generally the Quest is mobile hardware so typically, the games don't contain video files and textures etc. aren't huge, and these are two of the biggest offenders that make console games huge.

Plus, obviously, if you're playing titles wirelessly on PC then that takes up no space on the headset apart from the tiny install of Virtual Desktop.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                            There are larger titles in the 3GB area, most are under a GB - Vadar Immortal Ep 1 is about 3GB, so if you count all the episodes as one game it's around 10GB. Saints and Sinners is the largest single install at 8GB.

If you're a light user, 64GB is enough space.
                            Not at all; I had the 32gb Quest and honestly never came close to filling it. It works like the Switch or any other console; you can delete stuff and it'll keep your savegames, and cycle games in and out.

But in size terms they vary enormously. Some Quest experiences are literally a few hundred meg, some are gigabytes. It depends entirely on the game. But generally the Quest is mobile hardware so typically, the games don't contain video files and textures etc. aren't huge, and these are two of the biggest offenders that make console games huge.

Plus, obviously, if you're playing titles wirelessly on PC then that takes up no space on the headset apart from the tiny install of Virtual Desktop.
                            I'll save £50 and pick up the 64GB unit + that overpriced yet seemingly helpful Elite Strap then. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
                              I'll save £50 and pick up the 64GB unit + that overpriced yet seemingly helpful Elite Strap then. Cheers.
                              You'll definitely not regret the stap.

On my Quest 1, I bought several of those velcro jackets you can put on kids' car seats and wrapped them around the strap, and one aspect of the Quest 2 that is raised a fair bit is that the strap is far less substantial than the Quest 1's; it's made up for by the fact that the Elite strap exists (really it should've been a pack-in; they probably did this to reduce the price).

It all depends, obviously, on how much VR grabs you. From the moment I got the PSVR, then sold up and got the Quest, I used them loads; I practically used the Quest daily for months. Really, it was one of the most exciting things I'd experienced in gaming since the first time I played a multiplayer game back in the 00s.

Comment

You'll definitely not regret the stap.

On my Quest 1, I bought several of those velcro jackets you can put on kids' car seats and wrapped them around the strap, and one aspect of the Quest 2 that is raised a fair bit is that the strap is far less substantial than the Quest 1's; it's made up for by the fact that the Elite strap exists (really it should've been a pack-in; they probably did this to reduce the price).

It all depends, obviously, on how much VR grabs you. From the moment I got the PSVR, then sold up and got the Quest, I used them loads; I practically used the Quest daily for months. Really, it was one of the most exciting things I'd experienced in gaming since the first time I played a multiplayer game back in the 00s.
                                I wasn't sold on VR until I played Beat Sabre on PSVR at Arcade Club. I've never been able to shake the need for one since then. There's other games that look interesting as well and I'll try them also, but I really love rhythm games. That game is the killer app for me.

I would have purchased a PSVR last year if they'd actually dropped in price.

Comment

Working...
                                X