No announcement yet.

VR options 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You'll want Pistol Whip as well then: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/q.../?locale=en_GB

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
      You'll want Pistol Whip as well then: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/q.../?locale=en_GB
      Yes, yes I will!

Comment

I've started looking at adding tracks to Saber. It amazes me how small the song selection still is for the game in official terms

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
          I wasn't sold on VR until I played Beat Sabre on PSVR at Arcade Club. I've never been able to shake the need for one since then. There's other games that look interesting as well and I'll try them also, but I really love rhythm games. That game is the killer app for me.
          That's not surprising. Beat Saber is like VR's equivalent of Tetris for the Game Boy. It's the VR game that everyone can agree just wouldn't work in any other medium; like similar games existed for Kinect but they were crap for all the reasons Beat Saber is excellent.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I've started looking at adding tracks to Saber. It amazes me how small the song selection still is for the game in official terms
          That's partially that the game's success has worked against it. When it was a small indie thing, they just supported adding songs via unlicensed means, and had to clamp down on that when Facebook bought them and made them legit. However, the community remembers when they could have a huge library of songs for free and don't really want to pay for more.

It's kinda like when The Beatles: RockBand came out, and it only had like 2 of the Beatles albums on the disc, and their whole collection was really quite expensive. I'm not a music person, but for my money, if I was paying £50, I kinda expected all their notable songs; I don't care what some music exec thinks each track should cost.
          Last edited by Asura; 17-03-2021, 11:24.

Comment

Does sound like a bit of a faff to get custom songs... still going to do it though. I ended up binging that lasses videos on the previous page.

Comment

Essential Beat Saber custom tracks

Dystopia
              Taylor Swift - Shake It Off
              Laszlo - Supernova
              Psy - Gangnam Style
              Psy - Daddy
              Technologic – Daft Punk
              Mr Blue Sky - ELO
              Lone Digger - Caravan Palace

Comment

Dammit, turns out Beat Saber was updated and the custom song mod hasn't been yet so stuck with the old tracks

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                  Dammit, turns out Beat Saber was updated and the custom song mod hasn't been yet so stuck with the old tracks
                  You'll be fighting an ongoing battle with that one. I assume that since the people who made it were subsumed into Facebook, they've got to do everything possible to distance themselves from the practice.

Comment

Just turn auto updates off for Beat Saber, once you mod it you don't want to be doing the official store updates.

Comment

You really don't get many songs on Beat Sabre to start with do you. It's going to take some practice to get really good at all difficulties though so I'll concentrate on that until the mod gets updated.

Really glad I bought that headstrap. The default strap is garbage and leaves the unit feeling far too front heavy.

Comment

My Oculus arrived! Probably won't get much of a chance to have a go until tomorrow but I got Rez, Beat Saber (plus BTS pack OBVS) and The Climb 2 which looks pretty cool. Also saw Myst is there, which I have bought a stupid amount of times and got recently on Switch but I really want it again! And same with Superhot - bought it twice already but having it in VR could be great.

Edit: Oh, first bit of hilarity was having to input my big long wifi code while wearing the headset so I couldn't see my big long wifi code.
                        Last edited by Dogg Thang; 19-03-2021, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          My Oculus arrived! Probably won't get much of a chance to have a go until tomorrow but I got Rez, Beat Saber (plus BTS pack OBVS) and The Climb 2 which looks pretty cool. Also saw Myst is there, which I have bought a stupid amount of times and got recently on Switch but I really want it again! And same with Superhot - bought it twice already but having it in VR could be great.

Edit: Oh, first bit of hilarity was having to input my big long wifi code while wearing the headset so I couldn't see my big long wifi code.
                          Bear in mind Superhot isn't the same game in VR; it's basically a totally different set of levels; it's like a new game built around the same premise.

Comment

You definitely need space around you for Super Hot VR, otherwise you will punch things in the room, I guarantee it.

Grab BigScreen too - although the different channels have adverts, sitting in the cinema space watching Trek with others is still kinda fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                              Bear in mind Superhot isn't the same game in VR; it's basically a totally different set of levels; it's like a new game built around the same premise.
                              I didn’t know that. That probably justifies the purchase. Although I need to take Marty’s comment into consideration- I really don’t have a lot of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                I didn’t know that. That probably justifies the purchase. Although I need to take Marty’s comment into consideration- I really don’t have a lot of space.
                                Yeah; all the levels are built to maximise how the game should work in VR. So while you can move around, you never have to move more than a couple of feet in any direction.

Personally, whilst I did enjoy it, I feel it got a bit difficult near the end - and in VR, that's bad, because games which require very exacting challenges kinda fall apart due to the tracking not being quite there. Despite that, it's definitely worth playing as it's one of the best VR experiences going.

Comment

Working...
                                X