No announcement yet.

Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another question: What would happen if the price was marked down on whatever you import and customs opened it up to find an invoice with the real price included? I'm hoping they don't confiscate it.

Comment

As far as I know, they'll either release the parcel and charge you based on the real value on the invoice, or they'll confiscate it, which is why you should always ask for a fake invoice, although not every sender will be obliged to supply one.

Comment

Originally posted by Light
        As far as I know, they'll either release the parcel and charge you based on the real value on the invoice, or they'll confiscate it, which is why you should always ask for a fake invoice, although not every sender will be obliged to supply one.
        I'll slap myself if I lose ?60 because of my own stupidity. I asked for an invoice to be included without thinking... It was too late by the time I contacted CS, the order had been packed something like 30 minutes before they saw my e-mail.

Comment

I wouldn't worry. I don't think they'd have any reason to snoop around the box unless its bigger and heavier than what they would have expected at the marked down price.

Comment

I'll just try to forget I ordered it, lol. It'll come if it comes.

Just to put my mind at rest, do they let you know if they decide to confiscate your stuff?

Comment

i just got stung by dhl....... ?25~
              still the projector bulb direct from tokyo including the scamming import charge (the *****) is still a good ?75 cheaper than buying the bulb in rip off britain

Comment

Originally posted by jeimuzu_uk
                If you ask VGP they'l normally mark it down, I've had a couple off them in the past with no fee's.
                Darn! I wish I'd known that when I ordered from them 3 days ago! I'm self-employed & ever since I ordered a grand's worth of expensive network cards to resell for my business nothing slips past customs to me.
                I've never had anything opened, tho', so I'm sure they're happy taking the declared value.

Stroller.

Comment

Originally posted by Strolls
                  Originally posted by jeimuzu_uk
                  If you ask VGP they'l normally mark it down, I've had a couple off them in the past with no fee's.
                  Darn! I wish I'd known that when I ordered from them 3 days ago! I'm self-employed & ever since I ordered a grand's worth of expensive network cards to resell for my business nothing slips past customs to me.
                  I've never had anything opened, tho', so I'm sure they're happy taking the declared value.
                  w00t!!

These arrived today. ?105 worth of stuff marked up with a value of CDN $20!!! And I didn't even have to ask them (they'd already shipped by the time I saw jeimuzu's post).

I'd love a cheaper shipping option, but I can't complain: the total of ?27 or so averaged out at c ?3.50 per disk, and they arrived after only a couple of days.

I would be VERY happy to give these guys my business again!

Stroller.

Comment

*jealous*ft: I hoping u got raped by customs /joke

Comment

I picked up my order today. I had to pay ?13 in customs, not that it bothered me too much.

I'm not very happy with DVDPacific. None of the seven thin-pack DVDs were sealed, some of the cases even had marks on the inside! The only thing sealed was the cover... I think they sent me 2nd-hand DVDs.

Comment

Hello mate, I find that DVD Pacific stuff will nearly always attract the atttention of the customs folks. I too use them a lot for my anime needs and I've never had any sort of issue unless the item was over the ?18 limit. Tbh, I don't think Geneon seal the individual cases in their thinpak releases. Also, bear in mind that they were originally distributed as individual volumes in full size cases, its possible that Geneon took some out of circulation and repackaged them in the box sets.

Comment

I don't understand why the cases would have some marks on the inside if they're brand new, nor do I understand why the discs come out the cases like they've been used lots before.

The Chrono Crusade collection I had from them uses the same thinpak DVD cases. All the DVDs and cases in that boxset you could tell were brand new...all of the DVDs were hard to get out of the case at first and all of the cases were clean.

Oh well, not a lot I can do about it. At least they made it here in one piece.
                          Last edited by Aionic; 19-07-2006, 02:31.

Comment

Anyone know what ordering from gamespot.com to the UK is like?
                            Im thinking because they are a big company they will mark everyhting as it is rather than lie?

I have pre-ordersd FFXII CE from there for $59.99 + $15.99handling USD
                            a total of $75.98USD (about 41GBP)
                            shipping via international economy 3-5days

so whats the chance i'll get hit by dam customs? anyone who has experience with gamespot.com as i usually order from vgp

The only time i have been charged customs was when i bought Tekken 5 off ebay i got charged 8pounds in total!! 4quid for duties/vat etc and another 4quid for royal mail :/

Comment

Never used them myself, but I remember a lot of people ordered the limited edition RE4 stuff when that came out and Gamespot wouldn't mark it down.

It's not a sure thing but I'd brace youself for a customs bill.

Comment

You'll definitely get hit by customs if you order from Gamestop. Around ?17-?18 (for the value of your order) if I remember correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X