• Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool thanks for the info

Comment

Any remarks on this bit of info?

Originally posted by singho View Post
      http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/?p=363

Good news for all addicts who import games from VG+, Playasia and the like. Not enough to smuggle a cheap PS3 through but no fear of getting stung for buying multiple games and getting thems sent in one package.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUri...001:0002:EN:PDF
      ^_^

Comment

There is a thread about it in the Headlines forum.

Comment

I have just had a demand from DHL for an invoice dated February 2007 - possibly for my Wii from DVDBoxoffice - can I refuse to pay because they've left it more than a year to bill me? I don't keep records that far back, but may even have paid it then ...

Comment

Originally posted by fatbatch View Post
            I have just had a demand from DHL for an invoice dated February 2007 - possibly for my Wii from DVDBoxoffice - can I refuse to pay because they've left it more than a year to bill me? I don't keep records that far back, but may even have paid it then ...
            it can backfire if you refuse to settle the bill

they could just sell your debt onto a collection agency and then it would be a nightmare

others however have ignored bills and they have went away

Comment

did the personal allowance when importing items get increased as i read they was highering it as i'm wanting to import either a wii or ps3 and dont want to get taxed full whack

Comment

Originally posted by wod View Post
                did the personal allowance when importing items get increased as i read they was highering it as i'm wanting to import either a wii or ps3 and dont want to get taxed full whack

Starts 1st December and moves up to 150? (~118?) so still not enough to fully insure a console.

Comment

All is not what it seems:

It appears people incorrectly believe that from 1 December 2008 goods with a value less than €150 (£105) imported from outside the EU will be admitted without any import charges being levied, but the Regulation applies only to Customs duty.

Import VAT and Excise duties (where applicable) will still apply at the current rate.

Comment

I am really worried this morning because a parcel of older games arrived at the airport last night, but my tracking says it is awaiting customs charging. I don't mind that really, but I read that sometimes they open parcels and the items inside to check, and I really don't want that to happen as the games are mostly sealed and are quite old now. Has this happened to anybody before or know if it's true, in that they will open items and stuff?

Comment

They'll just open the package.

I've had a couple of things sent to me which have been stopped at customs before, but they got through fine with just the charge ontop.

Comment

Thanks for helping!

I'll not worry so much now then. (^_^)

Comment

I got a charge on something valued at under £15, but due to the Yen-Sterling exchange rate, it's now £19ish. They put £6.66 on as VAT (I thought it was a joke) and a parcelforce fee of £8.

Then I had to walk to the sorting office to pick it up because they're **** and can't deliver it properly.

Comment

For anyone who has ordered from VGP recently do they still mark deliveries as 'gift'? It's been a while since I last ordered from VGP so any replies would be most welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by gaanbo View Post
                              For anyone who has ordered from VGP recently do they still mark deliveries as 'gift'? It's been a while since I last ordered from VGP so any replies would be most welcome.
                              my last 4 Neo collections have came from them and they were all marked as a gift

Comment

Thanks! : )

Comment

Working...
                                X