Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I don't no maybe he's got something against people called Andrew

Honestly when people talk about how good playasia are it makes my skin crawl cause all I've ever had is nothing but grief from them.

Comment

Ds-lite arrived today from VG+, box had been opened and I had a great big yellow sticker with Miscoded material written on it.
      Customs charges likely?

Anyone else have this on imports?

Comment

UPS are trying to charge me ?17.87 fees for a PS2

The invoice is marked as $44.75 minus a $12 voucher to bring the value before shipping to $32.75. No doubt they are trying to use the $44.75 figure instead of the $32.75.

Has anyone had any success in contesting charges before?

Comment

Originally posted by pilotwings View Post
          I have contacted playasia loads of time about marking my items down and all you get are silly replys from the ever more annoying Tony.
          That's weird
          They definitely have a system in place for marking stuff down. All my invoices get cut to 25% value and then any vouchers taken off that reduced amount. Are you contacting them on a per order basis or asking them to flag your account so all orders are marked down?

Comment

I finally got that Tony guy to do it the other day actually. I copied and pasted monomaniacpats quote and sent it in an email to for evidence

Don't worry I didn't copy and past your name monomaniacpat.

But seriously before I done that he always ignored me or fobbed me off saying it was against company policy and stuff.

I don't really buy of them much anyway to be honest. Infact I stopped for a hell of long time after being pissed off. The last time I bought from them they sent me a jap MD game that was supposedly brand new and not preowned and it had sunfaded to death cartridge artwork.

Also I've ordered big packages from all around the world and I have never been charged import tax(touch wood). Except for play asia were i got hit 3 maybe 4 times so I was thinking that PA and customs were a joint company lol.

Comment

How much would I get for custom bill if it is marked as 400 us dollars. Believe Parcel Force is delivering it.

Also I had it shipped on 14th of December and no update on tracking since leaving USA.

Comment

Probably about 35 quid for the VAT and 12 quid for the handling fee... not sure if you'll actually get any import duty. Depends what sort of item it is.
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

It is 2nd hand PS3. Still no update in tracking. I am aware of christmas workload.

Could it be in custom waiting to be checked and scanned ?

Comment

I don't think there's any import "duty" on video games consoles. So VAT and handling will probably be it.

Comment

So how do Parcelforce handle Custom charges. I need to know as my console is in mount pleasant (assuming this is correct one)

19-12-2007 23:53 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES

Comment

You'll get a letter or card through the door saying "you owe us X pounds", and you can then either ring up and pay and have them deliver it, or go down to the local depot in person and pay to pick it up.
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Great that mean waiting for a card then go to depot after work.

Comment

Just out of curiosity I too have a PS3 coming.

it left the country (USA) on 11th December but theres still been no update on Parcelforces tracking site since then, is this unusually long to take?

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                              Great that mean waiting for a card then go to depot after work.
                              Whenever I've had things caught by Parcelforce I get a letter in the post and I pay online and choose a date. Their nearest office is at least 45 minutes away so collecting it isn't really an option for me.

Comment

I will pop over tomorrow after work to see if I can speed up the delivery as it is on my way to Birmingham as I am going christmas shopping just a 3 minutes detour.

Comment

Working...
                                X