Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emir
    I'm thinking of using Yesasia 'cause I like the idea of no VAT charges.
    Could someone please tell me if you have to claim for the Yesasia credit everytime your ordered item arrives.
    It's appealing, but I'm worried that I'll be charged for VAT every time an item comes, and I don't want to be constantly paying VAT charges and having to order another items as a result - creating some kind of never-ending credit claim.

Cheers.
    that just depends if yesaisa upgrade your shipping to courier as they sometimes do that just select standard shipping and you should be fine

its never happened to me always got my stuff by royal mail tax free
    Last edited by wod; 06-01-2006, 23:03.

Comment

You're extremely luck then!

Comment

nah as yesaisa do vat free to the uk as they reship from a uk warehouse

Comment

Thinking of ordering from them now, for a change. I think that's they're biggest attraction to customers from the U.K

Comment

ordered a doa4 arcade stick from playasia, ?73 inc p and p, then get stung for ?26 import duty, delivered by ups

Comment

****! I've been told never to choose UPS!

Comment

Originally posted by mr ooops
                ordered a doa4 arcade stick from playasia, ?73 inc p and p, then get stung for ?26 import duty, delivered by ups
                they delivered mine by UPS as well (due to weight etc)

but i asked them to mark it down and they did - hence no charges

Comment

They marked something from ?73 including p&p to below the taxable threshold of ?18?

Damn those guys are good. Might have to do the same.

Comment

Here's something I thought might be interesting story of a friend (all true)...

Friend was sent some toys over for xmas from someone in the USA. No payment was sent for the toys, only for the postage through paypal to this private individual. The real value of the toys was $49, but the person declared it with a value of $199 for laughs (wtf dickhead?). and sent it with priority shipping costing $180 because he needed them as presents to give to other people asap. Item was sent as a gift. Got a stupid VAT bill from Fed Ex.

Rang up Customs and told them the situation they said to fill out for c285 and send it to them with "evidence of real value". Thing is, he gave those toys away so any "evidence" is gone (toys are not in his possession anymore), he can't prove to anyone what was in the box no moreso than he can prove santa clause exists.

The c285 Duty/VAT remittance form is a form you complete only once you've paid. He hadn't paid the fed ex bill yet. So he rang up Fed Ex told em the situation, they said "you can't do much about it, if you want us to re-submit the paperwork it will cost you ?30".

SOL. He said he's gonna send the dude a box full of junk with a value of $400. ROFFFFEEEE!!!

Comment

If the dude decides he doesn't want to take receipt of the parcel, though, he won't pay feck all. They'll just either return to sender or (more likely) destroy it.

Comment

Otaku.com is very import friendly

Comment

that's true, but the guy doesn't expect it coming. So it's a fair bet he will sign for it on delivery... most people aren't going to open the package to see for sure before they sign for it, let alone a delivery man who's gonna let em open it and then let em decide to sign or not.

i'll let ya'll know what happens

Comment

Could someone tell me the customs situation with Tronix? I'm thinking of pre ordering resi DS from them but I'm unsure if they mark parcels prices down? Will they do this? I've read their faq where it doesn't mention it but I'm sure I read somewhere here that they do?

I usually use VG+ as they offer this service but I may change due to Tronix's prices and fed ex delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo1990
                              Could someone tell me the customs situation with Tronix? I'm thinking of pre ordering resi DS from them but I'm unsure if they mark parcels prices down? Will they do this? I've read their faq where it doesn't mention it but I'm sure I read somewhere here that they do
                              They do - just mention it in the notes box when you order.

Comment

Thanks for that Geoff D.

Could this be the start of me not using VG+! Duh.......duh.......DUHH!

Comment

Working...
                                X