Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if Darkstar One: Broken Alliance is region free for Jpn 360??

Play-Asia say the US & Asian versions are but is the Pal one free??

Ta muchly

Neil

Comment

Is Nier PAL region free at all? Would prefer getting it on 360 so would like to know it'd work on a JP console. If not then PS3 it is..

Comment

I'm afraid NIER is locked.

In other news I've just tried JPN Virtual-On Force on my PAL console, and surprisingly, it worked!

Comment

Thanks, PS3 it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post

In other news I've just tried JPN Virtual-On Force on my PAL console, and surprisingly, it worked!
            That is surprising, and quite awesome. Wonder if the cheapy Asian one is the same?

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick View Post

glad its properly confirmed...i read on ncsx that it was then drunkenly ordered it on playaisa without thinking it thru

much japanese text/menus to wade thru??

Comment

Not really. The main menus are in English and the rest is quite easy to figure out

Comment

Hi everyone! Wow, I finally managed to register here! First of all, a big thank you to everyone for posting their results, they have been extremely helpful to me for months. Also, a big thank you to Moor-Angol for their work on that list.

I just thought I'd share two missing results: Metro 2033 PAL is region locked. It works on NTSC-US, but not on NTSC-J.

Mass Effect 2 PAL works on NTSC-J. (This was listed on a 360 region wikia as being region-locked, but I picked it up and it wasn't. I've updated the aforementioned wikia, too. Incidentally, it's available new from www.game.co.uk for 5GBP + 5GBP Intl. Shipping, which is about US$15)

I can also confirm that Resonance of Fate PAL is completely region-free, and Nier PAL works on NTSC-US but not NTSC-J.

Comment

Hi everyone, I would like to know if th following pal/uk games work on a ntsc-u console:

The darkness
                    Final fantasy XIII
                    Bioshock 2

Comment

I just tried my PAL The Darkness and it works fine on a NTSC-US 360.

According to the Wikia, both PAL FFXIII and PAL Bioshock 2 work on NTSC-US 360: http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

Looks like you're three for three!

Comment

Originally posted by PenguinJim View Post
                        I just tried my PAL The Darkness and it works fine on a NTSC-US 360.

According to the Wikia, both PAL FFXIII and PAL Bioshock 2 work on NTSC-US 360: http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

Looks like you're three for three!
                        Thanks for the response. Is it reliable the wikia?

Comment

It does seem consistent with other findings as far as I can see. However, it's also the same wikia I mentioned a few days ago as incorrectly having ME2 PAL listed as region-locked on NTSC-J.

I will be getting FFXIII PAL myself at some point, and all of my research points to it being compatible with NTSC-US. For example, this thread: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/...ad.php?t=12596

Try putting "bioshock 2 360 PAL region locked" into Google and browsing through some forum results if you want further confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by PenguinJim View Post
                            It does seem consistent with other findings as far as I can see. However, it's also the same wikia I mentioned a few days ago as incorrectly having ME2 PAL listed as region-locked on NTSC-J.

I will be getting FFXIII PAL myself at some point, and all of my research points to it being compatible with NTSC-US. For example, this thread: http://finalfantasy-xiii.net/forums/...ad.php?t=12596

Try putting "bioshock 2 360 PAL region locked" into Google and browsing through some forum results if you want further confirmation.
                            At least I'm sure that The darkness will work.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

I purchased a Japanese copy of No more Heroes yesterday. I thought it was confirmed region free but now I'm thinking I may have mixed it up with the Asian version. Can anyone confirm ? and what's the return policy for japanese stores if the product hasn't been opened ?

Comment

You might be out of luck. This one? http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-3n75.html

Comment

Working...
                                X