Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's Mortal Kombat?!

Comment

I was having too much fun so I forgot about the kompatibility test!

Mortal Kombat PAL works on NTSC-J.

Comment

Cheers! Just a reminder to everyone, I'm trying to keep the full PAL-game-on-NTSC-J-360 list updated here:
        Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Edit: just occurred to me to mention that TheHut and Zavvi (both the same company) now offer free international shipping on their games. Given the "strength" of the pound right now, could be useful for picking up a lot of cheap PAL titles!
        Last edited by PenguinJim; 04-05-2011, 11:12.

Comment

Brink PAL is NOT compatible with NTSC-J.

Comment

Cheers, another topical update! Having a look at Play-Asia, it looks like every version of Brink on 360 is completely region-locked. Even the Asian version is NTSC-J only! Sad to see.

Comment

I'm picking up a euro slim, enough is enough.

Comment

A couple of updates today, thanks to my UK friend's big package (oo-er):

Darkstar One PAL is completely region free, working on NTSC-US and NTSC-J 360s! (It's also under 10GBP at zavvi and thehut including worldwide delivery)

Fallout: New Vegas PAL is partially region-locked, only working on PAL and NTSC-US. New Vegas PAL does not work on NTSC-J.

Edit: I can also confirm that Condemned: Criminal Origins PAL is completely region-free.
                Last edited by PenguinJim; 16-06-2011, 10:35.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I've just started original Xbox PAL "Curse: The Eye of Isis" and, like PAL Timesplitters 2, is NOT region free and will also NOT display at all on a modded machine in NTSC mode ie. one of those relatively few genuine PAL only Xbox games, so no 480p.

Comment

For Jim:

Shadows of the Damned PAL
                    Virtua Tennis 4 PAL

Both will run on an NTSC-J machine.

Comment

Hi guys, long time since i was here.
                      Recently i had more time for vg so i started using again my X360.
                      I was wondering about Dirt 3, i noticed there is a DLC which gives Lancia Delta S4, my favourite car.
                      So the question is easy : is it region free?
                      Considering both Dirt 1 and 2 were...

And a big thanks to Jim for keeping the list alive

Comment

Originally posted by Moor-Angol View Post
                        I was wondering about Dirt 3
                        If its the PAL version you're wondering about, then yes its region-free.

Comment

Well, yes, i supposed it was clear i was talking about the pal version, sorry i did not mention

Thanks for your quick answer, now i want to look for it in some online shop, can't wait to play with the lovely Delta S4

Comment

Anyone know if Pal Resi 5 is region free / playable on a Jp 360?

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Anyone know if Pal Resi 5 is region free / playable on a Jp 360?
                              I'll give it a bash for you in my dinner minute matey .

Edit: Done, you're in luck mate, enjoy .
                              Last edited by Womble9; 06-07-2011, 14:16.

Comment

Thanks dude, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                                X