Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region Free Xbox/Xbox 360 Games (list in thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mackemansj1 View Post
    Is pal tmnt 360 region free.
    i think so!!! its on video games plus as region free and i just got this from play.com for ?20 for me and the kids to play on, so i will let you know

( i got a US 360)

Comment

Yes PAL Turtles is region free - worked fine on my US system.

Comment

cool!! thanks spatial!

Comment

Just to add, you might want to tag it onto the list:

Gears Of War
          Riot Act (Crackdown)
          Chrome Hounds
          Dead or Alive 4
          Lost Planet
          Ridge Racer 6

The Japanese versions of these games will play in English when put in a console set to English locale.

Also, be advised - if buying a Japanese machine, the only games that are problematic are:

Armored Core 4 - J-version plays in Japanese, USA version is not region-free (no word on Euro version yet)
          Phantasy Star Universe - ^^ as above
          Amped 3 - USA version is not region free, never saw domestic J-release

Comment

i'm looking to play splinter cell double agent PAL for the original xbox on my NTSC/J 360, i've loaded up the PAL compatability files (i think, i got them from a UK demo disk), does anyone know whether its region free, and whether it would work on my machine?

Comment

aye, apparently, as in line with a lot of ubisoft titles, but anyway, why don't u just buy the 360 version?
              Last edited by bootmonster; 24-05-2007, 07:52.

Comment

You'll have to trawl through 1st play, but IIRC there are some differences between the two versions (besides the graphics). Some things are better on the Xbox, some better on the 360.

Comment

i already have the 360 version, but according to reviews the now-gen versions are a completely different kettle of fish, more in line with the previous games (i.e. tooled up and hiding in corners) and has proper co-op, not online vs bots. i'll probably pick up SC;CT aswell (already got it on PS2..), because of the uberlicious graphics and cheapness.

anyways, i suspected as much, thanks for clearing it up though

Comment

Does anyone know if ANY 2K published games have been region free?

I'm just wondering if the Darkness (PAL) will work on my japanese console as there's no planned release there and it's one of my most looked forward to games

Comment

Prey was region-free.

Comment

WarTech: Senko No Ronde:

Definitely region free (US copy on UK machine)?
                        Last edited by Spatial; 31-05-2007, 21:15. Reason: post moved

Comment

Hope so. Play asia (affiliate links above) shipped my copy yesterday based on their insistence it's rf...

Comment

Originally posted by geldra View Post
                            Definitely region free (US copy on UK machine)?
                            videogamesplus also confirmed its region free.

Comment

Shadowrun PAL doesn't work on a JAPANESE console.

Comment

Hi!
                                I just want to ask,does anyone know US(NTSC) version of Call of juarez for Xbox360 will be region free or not?Becouse PAL version is far away (29 june),but US version will come out on 5th june.

Comment

Working...
                                X