No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about PS games downloaded to play on PSP. Can they be backed up onto PC or PS3 hardrives? My memory stick filled up pretty quickly - Tekken 2 was over 500MB - and I don't want to have to buy a new one in a hurry.

Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
      You can create an internal memory card for PS1/2 games on the hard drive but I don't think you can transfer old saves to that without the adaptor. All we need is one to share round NTSC, get all the saves transferred to out HD's and bingo, no need to give Sony any more cash than neccesary!
      Thanks for the info.

I'm narked about this though. I only have something like 3 PS2 saves that I want to transfer across, & I really don't fancy having to buy another peripheral to do so. Would a slot for PS2 cards really have been so difficult?

Comment

In the same boat myself, Geoff. Wanna transfer my Rogue Galaxy and FFXII saves over, but begrudge spending out for something that I'll use for about 2 minutes.

Comment

I think I'm going to shout happy sacks to it & restart my PS2 games, unless I can pick up an adapter for a fiver somewhere. It makes a bit of a mockery of the backwards compatability argument that you have to jump through money hoops to port your saves :/

Comment

Ugh, am trying to get the PS3 to recognise PS2 pads. Using a Venom PC adaptor which works fine but I cannot for the life of me get it to recognise a Sixaxis at the same time for a 2 player game of WE.

Has anyone managed this yet?

EDIT: It works like a charm on PS3 games, Ridge Racer and Resistance but not PS2 games, what is the reason for this madness????
            Last edited by ItsThere; 12-02-2007, 16:34.

Comment

To anyone who's registered a US PS3 online (in the UK) - what address did you use? Did you just make one up?

Comment

Made it up
                You need to use a real zip code though, 90210 is grand

Comment

I 'borrowed' the address of a major publisher of online gaming content. I figured registering the Sony HQ address might be a tad risky.

Comment

Most people just google up a random US hotel to get a valid zip code. The rest can be faked iirc.

Comment

Thanks chaps

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                        I 'borrowed' the address of a major publisher of online gaming content. I figured registering the Sony HQ address might be a tad risky.
                        I didn't think that Microsoft HQ was particularly risky.

Comment

Sorry to bring up the question of PS3 online again, but it is an issue really bugging me. Resistance as we know is regional online, if you have a JP machine you can online play on JP servers, meaning you can't play with your friends from the UK. My concern is will this trend continue with every game? I have JP machine say if I wanna play x game online with my mate who has a PAL or even US machine, will that be possible? If it isn't then it will be major step back from Xbox live, where you can play with pretty much anyone from anywhere on games that are released in all regions.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                            Sorry to bring up the question of PS3 online again, but it is an issue really bugging me. Resistance as we know is regional online, if you have a JP machine you can online play on JP servers, meaning you can't play with your friends from the UK. My concern is will this trend continue with every game? I have JP machine say if I wanna play x game online with my mate who has a PAL or even US machine, will that be possible? If it isn't then it will be major step back from Xbox live, where you can play with pretty much anyone from anywhere on games that are released in all regions.
                            That seems to be whats being said region locked is the way sony are taking it.

I cant get online at all with my hong kong ps3 everything works the ps store the internet browser but when I try to play resistance or fight night online it wont let me on.

Anyone know why?

Comment

i read on the US PS3 forums that there has been problems with the servers for PS3 these last few days!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Monk View Post
                                i read on the US PS3 forums that there has been problems with the servers for PS3 these last few days!!
                                I hope thats true
                                Last edited by johnno15; 14-02-2007, 01:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X