No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I buy a PAL PS3 and import games from America/Canada, will they play in 60hz or be forced to 50hz just like the PAL games?

Comment

On an SDTV they will be forced to 50hz.

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
        On an SDTV they will be forced to 50hz.
        Even imported games? Didn't I read somewhere that PAL games on an NTSC console will be played in 60hz? Why not the other way around?
        It's time for a goddamn PAL60 mode.

Comment

They do, honestly, my brother has a PAL unit and even when he runs NTSC demos they run in bordered 50hz mode.

Comment

PAL PS3's do not support 480i/p, so they cannot run in 60Hz.
            NTSC PS3's cannot run in 576i/p either.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post

It looks like we'll be able to access the UK store when it launches in March (eta), and use our CC there.
              Can anyone confirm whether or not that's the case now it's live? I'm seeing import machines seem to be cheaper than UK ones on eBay, so I'm dangerously tempted to invoke a "buy now".

Comment

If you are talking about accessing the UK store from an imported unit (US or JP) then yeah that is 100% possible. I have a JP console and have been buying stuff from the UK store since it went live. Also you don't have to use a credit card, you can also your debit cards (solo, maestro etc). Hope that answers your query mate.

Comment

Answers it 100%! Thank you

Comment

Tekken 5 DR has vanished from the UK store, when will it be returning.

I have an import PS3 and brought the game from the UK store on the 22nd March for ?6.99. Was it online for just one day before it went wrong.

Flow is good, I want Super Rub Dub next.

I run my PS3 on a HD LCD TV in 1080i normally. Just to see what would happen I just set it to standard NTSC and tried to play Tekken 5 DR which i downloaded off the UK store. I got an error message, but the game runs fine in HD so it is as people have said its simply a case of the PS3 not outputing PAL if its an NTSC machine and vicea versa.

So if you run your PS3 in HD you can play games from anywhere if you dont then sadly you are restricted.

Out of interest do PAL PS3 games when played in SD have boarders or have they been converted properly but if not then that really is a trip back in time we don't need. The 360 has a 60hz option built in so the PS3 should have. Dont know about Wii not lucky enough to be able to afford/fine one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mononokehime316uk View Post
                      Tekken 5 DR has vanished from the UK store, when will it be returning.
                      Seems to be there now?

Comment

FAQ has been updated.

Sorry it's been loooong overdue sadly, but there are items that need to be elaborated on like the offending non-working discs/demo and the general wording of some of answers.

Comment

Thanks man. Much appreciated.

Comment

What about the Dual-Shock 2, will that work?

It will with a pc joybox (no rumble)

Comment

Dual shock 2 works with my venom converter ONLY for PS3 games, not PS2 games.

Comment

On the topic of the PS3 being Region free, i have read this thread and many others but has there is no 'guarentee' it seems that if i went and got a Japanese console that 2 months down the line they will start getting locked :/

Has anyone got any better indication recently or is it just best to go with a PAL console, the only thing i wanted a Japanese PS3 for was to be able to play my Japanese ps2 games.

Sorry for posting this as its a question frequently asked but new games not working seem to be being found etc

Comment

Working...
                                X