No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh pants. Where can I buy the aforementioned items from then? I thought play-asia were the dudes!

Comment

I have a question -: Is it possible for me to play playstation 1 and 2 games from japan on my Pal Playstaion 3 console?
      Because there are many playstation 2 games in japan ( 2d fighters ) that i still have interest in..would be great

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
        Oh pants. Where can I buy the aforementioned items from then? I thought play-asia were the dudes!
        yesasia still ship to the EU, my dual Shock 3 pad should ship out today

Originally posted by warlike
        I have a question -: Is it possible for me to play playstation 1 and 2 games from japan on my Pal Playstaion 3 console?
        Because there are many playstation 2 games in japan ( 2d fighters ) that i still have interest in..would be great
        No, sadly BC is region locked to the machine so you can only play JPN PS1/2 games on a JPN PS3

Comment

Awww, no hope for me getting to play jap ps2 games then..

Comment

Pick up a cheap Jap PS2, sorted. I'd wait for the new model to hit the shelves though, due early next year.

Comment

Nah, too expensive for me

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                I'd wait for the new model to hit the shelves though, due early next year.
                The new model's been out for a few weeks now, has the inbuilt PSU etc. Price however remains the same.
                Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

Is there any confirmation yet as to whether the 40GB US models need a step-down transformer? I've just taken delivery of one, and want to know before plugging it in - are there any clues on the machine/packaging itself I can look for?

Comment

according to avforums you just need to change the plug, even though it states it's 110/120 Volt. check out over there, some people have tried and it's been okay. same for on eurogamer.

Comment

Thanks elaniel - looks like it's OK.

Comment

I have a question about backwards compatibility for a Japanese PS3 40GB. Now i know it won't play PS2 games but i'm lead to believe they will play Japanese PS1 games? Is this correct and if so when playing off the disc (ie not a downloaded game) how does it save game, to the HD?

Comment

Yeah, the PS1 emulation is all down to software so that's fine. Saves are made to a virtual memory card that you can create through the XMB.

Comment

I can confirm myself that the 80GB machine from the US will work fine with a UK power plug. Did mine yesterday morning (could have had a very sad XMas).

I shat myself to begin with because it did nothing, then I realized I didn't plug my HDMI cable in. o.O

Comment

Hey folks, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere in this thread (it probably has!) but is it possible to change the language on the main dash (XMB I believe it's called?)? I'm tempted by a ceramic white PS3 from Japan and would like minimise any import woes.

Comment

Yeah. My PAL machine has 16 languages to choose from via the System Settings on the XMB. I assume this'll be the same for all skus which probably use the same firmware.

Comment

Working...
                                X