No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to point out, on paper, a 5A fuse is recommended on the cables, though I've never heard of anything bad happen from using the wrong fuses.

I went through some old appliances and found a spare 5A fuse on an old toaster and used that.

Comment

Hmm, was just looking at the PC and right under the 'kettle lead' there's a sticker with '230V' stuck on the computer, do you think that'll be a problem?

Another thing is on the lead it says '5A 250V', so is that still ok to use on the PS3?

Edit - Though looking in your multivoltage topic it would seem that it is fine.
      Last edited by Skilled; 02-01-2007, 19:08.

Comment

PSP remote play

I set up remote play with my ps3, but I couldn't find a way of turning the ps3 off from the psp, is that possible?

Comment

PS3 Remote Play

I've got everything set up, and it should all be working fine, but when I try to connect it just times out. Is this because my PS3 is American and my PSP is Japanese? Or is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            I've got everything set up, and it should all be working fine, but when I try to connect it just times out. Is this because my PS3 is American and my PSP is Japanese? Or is there something I'm missing?

No, mines the same, try to start a fresh connection with a new id and password on the ps3, then scan on the psp.

Comment

so let me get this right!! if i get a JAP PS3, can i def change the menu to english please? also region A is JAP/USA/ASIA, is hong kong classed under this as my wife is HK chinese and she wants to know (for future BD movies)

noticed the JAP PS3 can play UK DVD's, anyone tried please?

and people have def used the kettle plug in their import PS3's with no probs please?

thanks

Comment

Yes to the Menu,and yes to the cable. Don't know about the dvd's,as mine is US.

Comment

The Japanese PS3 cannot play UK DVD's. While it may be region 2, it cannot play PAL-encoded discs.

Comment

cheers guys!!!
                    hmm def thinking about getting one now!!

Comment

The only real disadvantage to a Japanese machine is that games that are created to switch language depending on the region of machine they are played on will run in Japanese.

Examples being Sonic, and apparently Resistance.

This will be no problem for most games, but it's something to consider.

Comment

ahhhhh so no way to switching them back then please?
                        also is this the plug i need please-

Comment

so if i got a US copy of resistance, it will play but it will be in japanese???
                          arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh i just got flashbacks of me playing bio hazard (RE) on my PS1 and trying to work out the japanese writing!!!
                          nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dont think i'll bother now!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            Using a Japanese PS3, you can set up an account with either the Taiwan, HK, US or Japanese Store. I have a HK, US and JPN account myself.
                            You can download stuff from them all and can but stuff with a UK CC from the US and HK but not JPN as it requires a Japanese CC unfortunately.
                            i tried doing this earlier. was going to purchase tekken 5 from the hk store, but you can't change the country of origin on the billing address. Can you purchase wallet points or something like xbox live point cards in retail?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Monk View Post
                              so if i got a US copy of resistance, it will play but it will be in japanese???
                              arrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh i just got flashbacks of me playing bio hazard (RE) on my PS1 and trying to work out the japanese writing!!!
                              nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dont think i'll bother now!
                              No text was required to complete any Biohazard title. Resistance is the same.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

This is a new question, when I try to play an mp3 file on the ps3 only some tracks show up from my player. They are all mp3 format but most dont show, is that how it is for everyone? Thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
                                X