No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had trouble selecting tracks from an iPod (using triangle > view all) because of the weird way they store files synced with iTunes. When I formatted it and just put them on there as data the PS3 saw them fine, with album art too. Ended up copying them to the PS3 drive and they all seem fine so far (10 gigs worth).

Comment

Originally posted by segages View Post
      I had trouble selecting tracks from an iPod (using triangle > view all) because of the weird way they store files synced with iTunes. When I formatted it and just put them on there as data the PS3 saw them fine, with album art too. Ended up copying them to the PS3 drive and they all seem fine so far (10 gigs worth).

Can you please tell me how you put them on as data

Comment

With regards to upgrading the firmware via wireless internet connection does the machine pick the correct firmware updates for the specific region of the machine (my machine is JAP) or is there one all encomapssing firmware update that Sony release every once-in-a-while?

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Monk View Post
          so if i got a US copy of resistance, it will play but it will be in japanese???
          Just get the Japanese version. I have a JP PS3 and JP Resistance and the game is completely in English.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
            With regards to upgrading the firmware via wireless internet connection does the machine pick the correct firmware updates for the specific region of the machine (my machine is JAP) or is there one all encomapssing firmware update that Sony release every once-in-a-while?
            Its one for all. Your machine will tell you should it need an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey View Post
              Its one for all. Your machine will tell you should it need an update.
              Lovely stuff! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                Just get the Japanese version. I have a JP PS3 and JP Resistance and the game is completely in English.
                thanks!!
                yeah i found that out now! just ordered my JP PS3, motorstorm and RFOM so will let you guys know if my order goes through ok!

cheers

BM

Comment

Q: the Jpn console's and sixaxis - do they have english or Japanese text on them? I'm guessing they would have the latter.

Comment

You can not swap hardrives between usa and jap machine's.

When you power up it asks for you to format drive as I was just praying it was that easy but now I need to transfer all playstation store details over to the usa machine and start all over again, how bad is that.<P>

Keeping the jap one as a blu-ray player in the lounge and the usa one for games in the den and at &#163;320 from vgplus, a bargain I feel.
                    Last edited by Hartley Hare; 26-01-2007, 06:40.

Comment

^ how about doing a backup and restore with a usb drive?

Comment

well def loving my PS3, awesome system!! but quick question, does anybodys else's PS3 get kinda hot please?
                        i mean not boiling but my PS3 is laid down (not stood up) and the right under side of it gets hot after a couple hours (the metallic bit)

anyone else please?

cheers

Comment

Left ours on by mistake for three days in the Games cabinet, when I opened the door it felt like opening the oven to get a pitza out and im not joking, it was that hot, I cacked my pants thinking it was fried but alas it worked like a charm, so yes they do get rather hot
                          Last edited by Hartley Hare; 25-01-2007, 21:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley Hare View Post
                            You can not swap hardrives between usa and jap machine's.

When you power up it asks for you to format drive as I was just praying it was that easy but now I need to transfer all playstation store details over to the usa machine and start all over again, how bad is that.<P>
                            I'm pretty sure you can't swap hdd's between PS3's full stop (regardless of whether it's from US-JPN, US-US etc.) without having to re-format the drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley Hare View Post
                              Left ours on by mistake for three days in the Games cabinet, when I opened the door it felt like opening the oven to get a pitza out and im not joking, it was that hot, I cacked my pants thinking it was fried but alas it worked like a charm, so yes they do get rather hot
                              thanks!!! yeah i was sure its normal but i like to check with other PS3 owners

thanks again

BM

Comment

Does anyone actually leave their's on standby? Curious,m I'm too paranoid to leave mine on.

Comment

Working...
                                X