No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I play songs and movies from my iPod 30GB on PS3? It doesn't find any tracks or videos when I tried to connect it. The only thing it found, was 4 folders (those that pops up when I look at the removable disk when I connect it to my computer). Do I have to put the songs and videos directly into the removable disk without using iTunes?

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
      Oh dear. PS3 has just decided to refuse to read any discs or load anything from the hard drive. Just gives the error message 80010013

Am bricking it now, anyone else had this?

EDIT: Phew, is ok now, unplug, full reset sorted it (partial reset did not). Don't wanna break this bad boy.
      Just had this as well tonight after downloaded flOw :huh:

Restarted the console and it's worked fine since - wonder what it means? A google search threw up lots of things about the PSP and something about "Associated device was not found".

Wonder if it was something to do with the hard drive?

Comment

the 80010013/15 problem is to do with the 1.51 update, just caused some weird errors when you exit a game and try to load something else, hopefully they fix it in the next f/w update.

aaron

Comment

Thing is I hadn't loaded anything else - I'd gone on, straight to the store, downloaded flOw and then came back out of the store to play it.

Still, if it's a common error then that's good news. Colour me reassured

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
            You can select all that are appropriate in the dash (Once you've done the system update) and after that the game should default to the highest priority resolution that's supported by your TV.
            Is there any way of performing the update if you don't have an internet connection?

Comment

Originally posted by Square View Post
              Is there any way of performing the update if you don't have an internet connection?
              You have to have a connection your posting here

If the computer your on has a cd burner or you have the ability to get a memory stick or something similar you could download the update onto that and transferit across

Comment

Am after a little clarification on the Playstation Store front. When i registered my PS3 i used a Canadian address kindly supplied by an MSN contact. Now i've heard it's possible to buy games from the store using a Mastercard, however it then asks for your card details address. This is of course a UK address, which it won't accept. is there any way round this? Can i use the Canadian address, or will the credit card company flag it/ i get in trouble? Or even worse will the random person at that address get mail containing my credit card details?
                Advice please

Comment

Why won't it accept a UK address? Canadian postcodes are similar to UK ones, so just use your UK address (it's only really the postcode it checks AFAIK) and put 'Canada' as a country if you need to.

Can't guarantee that'd work but I see no reason why not...

Comment

Not sure if this is the best way to go about it, or if I'm likely to get in trouble somehow, but all I did was use a real US address but change the house number to (hopefully) one that doesn't exist.

To add funds to my wallet, I just used the same fake address and entered my Mastercard details. I added $50 the first time and $25 a few weeks later, and I've had no problems so far.

I did try my Visa card first, but it was rejected for having incorrect info, so I can only assume that your address isn't checked when using Mastercard.

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
                      You have to have a connection your posting here

If the computer your on has a cd burner or you have the ability to get a memory stick or something similar you could download the update onto that and transferit across
                      Thanks - any idea what format I need to burn the CD so the PS3 will recognise it?

Comment

Okay, since the revelation that PAL PS3's won't have the PS2 chip in them and will only be able to play PS2 games through emulation, I've decided to look at importing from the USA.

I just need to know what I'll be trading/sacrificing for better backwards compatibility...

- Apparently I can use a simply 'kettle' lead for powering the PS3, so that's fine.

- PS3 games are region-free, so that's fine

- PS2 games/DVD's/Blu-ray aren't region-free though, so if I wanted to play those, I'm guessing the only way would be through a modchip or software-mod, right? Would that even be possible in theory?

- Would I be able to sign up for the UK Playstation Store when it launches, even with a USA PS3? Would the fact I have a USA PS3 stop me from doing anything online I wouldn't be able to do with a UK PS3?

- Are the PS Store downloads region-encoded?

- Are the accessories region-encoded?

- Is there anything now, or potentially in the future, that would put me at a disadvantage, owning a USA PS3 rather than a UK one? I know until it launches in Europe no-one will know for sure but an educated guess would be great

Thanks a lot for answering any or all of those questions!

Comment

Originally posted by 196619661966 View Post
                          Okay, since the revelation that PAL PS3's won't have the PS2 chip in them and will only be able to play PS2 games through emulation, I've decided to look at importing from the USA.

I just need to know what I'll be trading/sacrificing for better backwards compatibility...

- Apparently I can use a simply 'kettle' lead for powering the PS3, so that's fine.

- PS3 games are region-free, so that's fine

- PS2 games/DVD's/Blu-ray aren't region-free though, so if I wanted to play those, I'm guessing the only way would be through a modchip or software-mod, right? Would that even be possible in theory?

- Would I be able to sign up for the UK Playstation Store when it launches, even with a USA PS3? Would the fact I have a USA PS3 stop me from doing anything online I wouldn't be able to do with a UK PS3?

- Are the PS Store downloads region-encoded?

- Are the accessories region-encoded?

- Is there anything now, or potentially in the future, that would put me at a disadvantage, owning a USA PS3 rather than a UK one? I know until it launches in Europe no-one will know for sure but an educated guess would be great

Thanks a lot for answering any or all of those questions!

kettle lead - yeah, i just used an old moniter one.

region free - yeah again, supposadly, not confirmed though the european ps3's wont be! still not 100% sure though.

B/C games etc - not region free but im sure the like of the action replay max will crack this soon, added with the linux support, its highly likely, i wouldnt say so with the dvd's and blu rays, but im sure something with the games will get sorted.

PS store - you can sign up a seperate account for each area, on my ps3, ive got a us, jap and hk log in, and the uk one is on hold, it will be available from 23rd march, so no probs there!

PS store items - nope not region encoded, anything you download can be shared amongst your accounts (eg. i downloaded the RR7 demo from the HK store, then signed into my USA account and played it fine.

Acc - not region encoded to the best of my knowledge.

Overall i think the purchase of an import machine is highly wise over an eu one, ive got a jap one and its fine, and i cant see there being any issues, youve got to remeber we always get screwed with consoles, and sony have started early with this news regarding the B/C games! next will be that it wont play import games or some crap like that!!

hope all your questions have been answered, PM me if you need anything else.

Aaron

Comment

Originally posted by 196619661966 View Post
                            Some (or should I say most) Blu-Ray movies are region free, search up on the net and you should a list of them.

Comment

Thanks a lot for answering my questions!

Comment

How many friends can we have? I seem to have filled my friends list already I best cull some of these yanks.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X