NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    It's never been illegal to import a PS3 for yourself, and Sony never said they would sue individual people.

However, companies importing them for resale get caught in the parallel supplying mindfield, as well as the licencing one, and that's where it gets complicated.
    I thought about that, anyway doesn't really matter now, just arrived back from Miami with my shiny new 60 Gb PS3 . Just need to get a lead for it now and to hell with jetlag .

Comment

where can I buy this fabled HK version of Resistance? Been checking all over and can't find it anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu View Post
        where can I buy this fabled HK version of Resistance? Been checking all over and can't find it anywhere
        Both of these are listed as Asian versions, but it's probably worth emailing them to make sure before ordering.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestan Pance View Post
          Yeah, it's to do with how you're locked to your PS3's region when you play Resistance online, and the fact that Insomniac weren't aware that the HK PS3 existed when the game was released.

The Japanese PS3 connects to the Japanese servers, and the US PS3 connects to the US servers, but the HK PS3 wouldn't connect to any. Sometime in December they released the HK version of the game, which was a later build with the HK server info included, so it will allow your HK PS3 to connect to the HK servers.
          Are they ever gonna sort this stupid regional online play with Resistance or are they just gonna leave it as it is and only let you play online with people from your region?

Lastly will this apply to other games too that will offer online play cos that just sounds ridiculous to me.....only being allowed to play with people from your region.......STUPID SONY!

Comment

Got a quick question. Do the componet cables for the PS2 work with the PS3?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Thanks. That saves me buying from the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
                  Are they ever gonna sort this stupid regional online play with Resistance or are they just gonna leave it as it is and only let you play online with people from your region?

Lastly will this apply to other games too that will offer online play cos that just sounds ridiculous to me.....only being allowed to play with people from your region.......STUPID SONY!
                  It's down to the developer from what I can tell, but as far as I know Resistance is going to stay region locked. Hopefully they'll patch it at some point, not sure.

As for other games, one of the SEGA folks was on 'On The Spot' (Gamespot live show) and he mentioned that US/JP players can play against each other on Armored Core 4.
                  Last edited by Number45; 17-02-2007, 19:34. Reason: Forgot to mention the name of the SEGA title

Comment

Originally posted by Vestan Pance View Post
                    Yes, if your console is set to English language, the game runs completely in English

Cheers.

Comment

I'm worried by the fact that I wouldn't be able to connect to the UK servers with Resistance as I'm sure other games would follow that path.

So does that mean if I had a US PS3 with a UK copy of Resistance, I would still only be able to play on the US Servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Skilled View Post
                        I'm worried by the fact that I wouldn't be able to connect to the UK servers with Resistance as I'm sure other games would follow that path.

So does that mean if I had a US PS3 with a UK copy of Resistance, I would still only be able to play on the US Servers?
                        Yes

Comment

Would it not be possible to use the same method to get blood on the Asian versions of Resistance to use the UK Resistance servers? So getting someone in the UK to give you their game save?

Comment

i aint worried too much if the rest of the online games for PS3 are gonna be region locked!
                            i mean it'd be great if they made them all region free, so you can play on US/UK/JP servers etc but i can get my online gaming fix on my 360 and save my PS3 for single player experiences like heavenly sword, MGS4 and DMC etc

Comment

How do I go online with my PS3? I've chosen Canada as my country (dunno if I have to chose something else), but now I have to write in my name and adress ... What do I write? My real name? And what about the adress?

Comment

Originally posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
                                How do I go online with my PS3? I've chosen Canada as my country (dunno if I have to chose something else), but now I have to write in my name and adress ... What do I write? My real name? Andwhat abou the adress?
                                Google a guest house in Winnipeg or something, that's what i done and it worked fine

Comment

Working...
                                X