Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes that should be fine.

Comment

How is the Blu-Ray control using the joypad? is it arse? Is the remote a necessity?

Comment

It's the same as the PS2's DVD Control on pad really, with the added advantage of being wireless.
        It's very usable, though if you expect to be using Blu-Ray regularly, may as well get a remote.

The remote gets too much critisism, it does the job lovely, and works on DVD's, and music/movies too.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh_Mutants View Post
          My PS3 is waiting for me at home, but i don't have the necessary 5 amp kettle lead. Would it be safe to just plug the u.s power lead into my 300w step down convertor in the meantime?
          Careful if it smells like burning though mate - I was using a stepdown at first, which exploded in a great big mess of smoke.

Comment

This question has probably already been answered, but is it the case that if you have a JP console then you can only play online with other people who have a JP console? or does this only apply to Resistance?
            Last edited by ezee ryder; 08-02-2007, 23:08.

Comment

Originally posted by ezee ryder View Post
              This question has probably already been answered, but is it the case that if you have a JP console then you can online play online with other people who have a JP console? or does this only apply to Resistance?
              It only applies to Resistance thus far.

A Q of my own:
              Can the 60GB PS3 accept the same memory sticks as the PSP?

Comment

You answered my question so I will answer yours, the answer yes, just tried my 2GB Memory stick and worked fine.

The online "issue" with Resistance kind of sucks then, sort of elludes the point of online play really. Hope other titles are not set-up to be like this.
                Last edited by ezee ryder; 08-02-2007, 23:20.

Comment

In the specific case of Resistance, it actually detects the region of the console and the game alters accordingly (the online servers, censorship etc).
                  I am not aware of many titles that do this, certainly games like VF5 alter themselves based on the language the console is set to instead.

Comment

Does the US PS3 still come with a free Blu Ray movie? Or was that a launch only thing?

Comment

It was included with the first 400k machines only, they're long gone now.

Comment

Oh dear. PS3 has just decided to refuse to read any discs or load anything from the hard drive. Just gives the error message 80010013

Am bricking it now, anyone else had this?

EDIT: Phew, is ok now, unplug, full reset sorted it (partial reset did not). Don't wanna break this bad boy.
                        Last edited by ItsThere; 09-02-2007, 14:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
                          Does the US PS3 still come with a free Blu Ray movie? Or was that a launch only thing?
                          They can still be found. Just got my PS3 earlier this week and it came with Talladega Nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                            They can still be found. Just got my PS3 earlier this week and it came with Talladega Nights.
                            Nice - where did you get yours from buddy?

Comment

It came from eBay actually, this item. She is without question the best eBayer I've ever dealt with - she ensured the PS3 got through customs by marking it as a gift - to her brother (That would be me) - so she changed her surname on the packaging to match mine and enclosed a belated Christmas card too!

She doesn't have any up for sale at the moment, but the said she can get them if you ask (You might want to check to see if she can get it with the BD too):

I am not currently listing any PS3's, but if you know someone, just have them email me at [email protected] or use ebay contact member using WaldoEnterprisesInc, I would be happy to pick up another PS3. They are in most of the stores here in stock. I can get both the 20GB or the 60GB. I can also include any extra controllers or games too.
                              Thank you again for your business and I am so very glad you had no VAT tax. Some people think that by just marking the customs form as a gift is enough, but customs is smart, so we go the extra mile and include the gift card, and send the Ebay invoice and receipt in a separate envelope. When you put the Ebay receipt and invoice in the box with item, it is a big clue to customs that you bought the item.

Comment

Hello all!

Does anyone know if you can download game extras from the Japan store and use them on a US game save? I just signed up to the JP one and was thinign about downloading some RR7 bits and bobs.

Blair

Comment

Working...
                                X