No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone confirm what amp fuse size they're using for their PAL region PS3?

This isssue has been done to death. I myself use a 5amp fuse but i figure that with the PAL units out there, we could clarify once and for all what it should really be.

Comment

Got a chance to pick upa Jap 20GB PS2 with 2 games tonight for ?250 but is it worth it if I only have a SD TV?

How will the games look through RGB and will there be any issues?

Comment

The reports seem to be that you won't be able to play some European games on a Standard Def screen as they are encoded to 576i rather than 480i. If you are happy just getting US and JPN games there should be no problem for you.

Can't comment on the RGB quality as I've only ever used it via HDMI.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfamifreak View Post
          Got a chance to pick upa Jap 20GB PS2 with 2 games tonight for ?250 but is it worth it if I only have a SD TV?

How will the games look through RGB and will there be any issues?
          That is a good deal, the games look good in RGB for me by the way, but then again I guess it depends on what kind of TV you have, but you definitely won't find one cheaper than that.

Comment

Mine is a 28" widescreen Wega. Not fussed about PAL games as I only buy imports anyway, as not only are they cheaper, but I get them months ahead of the UK. Plus all my PS2 titles are Japanese so would prefer an import machine.

Comment

In which case that is a really good price so I'd say go for it.

Comment

You'd be a fool if you didn't buy that then.

Comment

anyone managed to get online with a PAL copy of Ridge 7 on a HK console (or a Jpn / US one for that matter)?

I ask becuase while PAL Motorstorm works fine online on my HK console, PAL Resistance refuses to connect, so I'm trying to figure if I want to buy it outright, or trade stuff in.

edit: found the following related to Resistance on the official forum:

# Users in Hong Kong/Taiwan/Korea with PS3s must use copies of Resistance from Hong Kong/Taiwan/Korea if they want to play online. This is due to some last minute changes to that region's server, and it is likely that you will not ever be able to connect online with a PS3 from this region without a disc from the same region
                  which is a shame. Anyone know if this is likely to only be a problem with Resistance, or am I as well flogging my HK PS3 on?
                  Last edited by kapowza; 03-04-2007, 18:37.

Comment

I got my Jap PS3 today and I'm going to play it later when I get home.
                    I wanna register my username that I guaranteed that I would get from that UK Sony website that I used a few months ago...
                    Can I user my 'phillai' username on my Japanese PS3?
                    Also, can I download UK content fine or am I restricted to Japanese stuff?
                    And will UK Tekken DR work OK on my Jap PS3?

Comment

Phil you lazy bastard the answers are on page 1 ffs !

I can answer my own question now. WIth a JAP or US machine, you can access both the JAP and US Stores. You cannot pucrhase anything with a UK Credit Card.

It looks like we'll be able to access the UK store when it launches in March (eta), and use our CC there.

You can still dl demo's, free content etc.

Comment

What do I need to set the display setting at to run my US PS3 through my Blaze RGB scart on my old CRT?

I tried setting it to RGB before moving it but when I connected it via scart I got no picture

Comment

Are moving from HDTV to CRT? If so you just need to reset
                          the video settings.

See here: http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=72810

Comment

OK cheers

Comment

Can you connect the PS3 via a VGA cable to a pc monitor, like with the 360?

Comment

There doesn't appear to be a VGA cable available for the PS3.

Comment

Working...
                                X