No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think mine was about £60 from what I remember.

Comment

I live in Australia and going to Japan next week what is the going rate in Tokyo for PS3 20gig and 60gig and witch would you guys buy also here in Aus we dont have fuse in are plugs liek the UK as I am from there I know what your going on about but im I ok just to use any pc cord hope someone can help.

Comment

Hmm i'd end up paying more for than a pal one then

Comment

Now that the launch is coming soon, and with reviews popping out everywhere..

...Does anyone know, for sure, if imported PS3's (US/JAP/HK) can run Euro PS3 games?

Seems to be sort of a blur right now.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Juha View Post
            Now that the launch is coming soon, and with reviews popping out everywhere..

...Does anyone know, for sure, if imported PS3's (US/JAP/HK) can run Euro PS3 games?

Seems to be sort of a blur right now.

J
            None of us, (well I imagine) have PAL PS3 games to hand to actually try.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Yes, but some people usually get their (lucky) hands on games (sometimes even consoles) before everyone else and we know PS3's have shipped to PAL territories 4 weeks ago - I am just wondering if anyone out there gets a Euro PS3 game, could post here about compatablity with NTSC machines.

I hope they are indeed all region-free!

J.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                None of us, (well I imagine) have PAL PS3 games to hand to actually try.
                Saurian, who used to post here, was given a PAL copy of Tony Hawk's and that worked fine on his Japanse PS3.

Comment

Blockbuster rentals ftw then! Try before you buy etc. I'm still only buying JPN games however.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

anyone having problems logging into the playstation store today ?

Comment

Originally posted by lordimmortal View Post
                      I live in Australia and going to Japan next week what is the going rate in Tokyo for PS3 20gig and 60gig and witch would you guys buy also here in Aus we dont have fuse in are plugs liek the UK as I am from there I know what your going on about but im I ok just to use any pc cord hope someone can help.
                      I also live in Australia and am getting a Japanese PS3. I read all about just replacing the power cable with a 3 or 5 amp kettle cable (mostly in this thread). But I went to a bunch of places and they only carry 10 amp ones here. I was starting to get worried but then I checked the power cable on the PAL demo PS3 we have at work and the offical cable that came with it is 10 amp anyways. So yeah, just stick a standard Aussie kettle cable in and Bob's your auntie, she'll be right. Use a surge protector power board if you're still skeptical.

Comment

You could always find a kettle lead that doesn't have a fixed fuse housing, and change the fuse to 5a if you want to be sure.

Comment

Anyone know if the following games run ok on the Japanese PS3:

Street Fighter Zero FG
                          Espgaluda
                          Mushihimesama
                          Need for Speed Most Wanted
                          Auto Modellista
                          Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol.1
                          Art of Fighting Collection
                          Winning Eleven 9
                          Winning Eleven 10
                          YsIV
                          Battle Gear 2
                          Motion Gravure series
                          Simple 2000 series
                          Initial D

Comment

Mushi definitely does, but it looks arse all upscaled, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders View Post
                              Mushi definitely does, but it looks arse all upscaled, IMO.
                              And is the sole reason whatever region PS3 I get I will keep my PS2...need to be able to play my shooters properly...couldnt deal with them looking any worse than perfect.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                                And is the sole reason whatever region PS3 I get I will keep my PS2...need to be able to play my shooters properly...couldnt deal with them looking any worse than perfect.

Neil
                                Surely just don't upscale them no? I don't have 480p turned on in the XMB. If the PS2 title supports it I hold X and Triangle. Easy solved. Also it affects PS1 games terribly.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X