No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the PS3 'do' anything to PS2 games? I put Okami in last night & could've sworn that it looked better on my LCD than it had when run through my PS2 (which is no longer set up so couldn't compare)

Am I just being romantic about it all?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it upscales it automatically to 480p mate.

Low-rez games though, like Mushi for example, look posivitely ****e.

Comment

Fair play, that would explain it - cheers Bleeders

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
          That seems to be whats being said region locked is the way sony are taking it.

I cant get online at all with my hong kong ps3 everything works the ps store the internet browser but when I try to play resistance or fight night online it wont let me on.

Anyone know why?
          What region is your copy of Resistance? I know there were issues with the HK PS3 if you use the JPN or US version of the game.

Comment

Got to start building my Blu Ray collection - amazon.com is the best site so far for US PS3, any reccommendations?

Cheers.
            Last edited by Shadow Helix; 14-02-2007, 17:38.

Comment

PlayUSA has always been excellent for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Helix View Post
                Got to start building my Blu Ray collection - amazon.com is the best site so far for US PS3, any reccommendations?

Cheers.
                I didn't think Amazon.com shipped outside of North America?

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  I didn't think Amazon.com shipped outside of North America?
                  They do ship movies, the limitation might only be on games.

Comment

If you are thinking of getting Blu-Ray movies I highly recommend Movietyme.com. They have been shipping stuff out to me very very quickly recently and their prices are very good.

On a side note, I just tested out Ridge Racer 7 online on my JP console and (correct me if I am wrong) it seems as if you can play with players from other regions unlike Resistance. I was playing with a few people from Japan and a few from the States, no problems.

Comment

Has anyone ordered the jpn Virtual fighter 5 yet? just want to see if it has english text.

Comment

Originally posted by egghead View Post
                        Has anyone ordered the jpn Virtual fighter 5 yet? just want to see if it has english text.
                        Yes, if your console is set to English language, the game runs completely in English

Comment

another vote for Movietyme.com from me for blue ray movies - placed an order Saturday which turned up today.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestan Pance View Post
                            What region is your copy of Resistance? I know there were issues with the HK PS3 if you use the JPN or US version of the game.
                            Its Jap I think?????

So if I use a HK version will it iron out the creases?

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
                              Its Jap I think?????

So if I use a HK version will it iron out the creases?
                              Yeah, it's to do with how you're locked to your PS3's region when you play Resistance online, and the fact that Insomniac weren't aware that the HK PS3 existed when the game was released.

The Japanese PS3 connects to the Japanese servers, and the US PS3 connects to the US servers, but the HK PS3 wouldn't connect to any. Sometime in December they released the HK version of the game, which was a later build with the HK server info included, so it will allow your HK PS3 to connect to the HK servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestan Pance View Post
                                Yeah, it's to do with how you're locked to your PS3's region when you play Resistance online, and the fact that Insomniac weren't aware that the HK PS3 existed when the game was released.

The Japanese PS3 connects to the Japanese servers, and the US PS3 connects to the US servers, but the HK PS3 wouldn't connect to any. Sometime in December they released the HK version of the game, which was a later build with the HK server info included, so it will allow your HK PS3 to connect to the HK servers.
                                Mate you are a ****ing star thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                                X