Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    You can also use a UK power supply with an American or Japanese console and it will run without needing a stepdown
    Is this the case with all Japanese 360s? If is isn't, how will I know if I have a suitable system (I don't want to fry it).

I have a Japanese 360 Elite pre-ordered and I'm hoping to use my current UK 360 PSU to power it.

Comment

Yep, have a look on your UK PSU. If it say 203w it will run any 360. A 175w one will run anything from Falcon's onwards, a 15ow will run Jaspers only.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Wavey

My UK PSU is 175w ... so would I be right in thinking a new Jp 360 Elite will fall into the 'Falcon onwards' category, therefore safe to use?

Comment

Yep, you'll be fine. The only way it wont work with your 175w psu is if the Elite is a Zephyr, which will be highly unlikely as i doubt there are any left on the shelves.

(Does that make sense?)
          Last edited by Pavey; 19-03-2009, 16:39.

Comment

That makes perfect sense And sounds like it has a good chance of being a Falcon.

One last thing; when I open my new Jp 360, is there an easy way to confirm which it is?

Comment

Plug your 175w psu into it, if it goes its a Falcon. The Zephyr model wont accept that PSU as the plug and socket are incompatible.

If it were me, i would open the case, get the x-clamps off, split the fan tunnel and uprate the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
                Plug your 175w psu into it, if it goes its a Falcon. The Zephyr model wont accept that PSU as the plug and socket are incompatible.
                Brilliant. Thanks for that.

If it were me, i would open the case, get the x-clamps off, split the fan tunnel and uprate the fans.
                Not sure I'm up to the task ... might need to enlist the help of a grown-up for that one

Thanks again for the advice. Much appreciated

Comment

Has anyone used an official UK hard drive with an import system?

Comment

Yep, fine, they are all the same.

Comment

Lovely. Thanks

Comment

I'm looking for an U.S. 110v Xbox 360 PSU. Is there anyone in the UK that can be brought from?

Comment

I have one I'd sell, 20 delivered?

Pretty sure Game World Direct have them aswell.

Comment

I have one I'd sell, 20 delivered?

Pretty sure Game World Direct have them aswell.
                            How old was the console? I need one for a machine built in Oct 2008.

Comment

This will work, it's a 203w one,m so will run any console.

Are you using the machine here? You know a uk psu is fine?

Comment

That's fantastic. I'll PM you with details.

Comment

Working...
                                X