Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    Last question: I will output with HDMI and optical audio...I already knew that MS made things so you have to get one of their own dongles but at 50 euros they are "a bit" expensive.
    Has anyone tried to open the standard AV connector (like here http://www.chadledford.com/?p=50)? I noticed there's a "TV-HDTV" switch on the side I don't know what will happen if I break it open.
    I have done a few of those, and to be honest they always seem to break. You do need to snip or desolder the wire bridging two points, i forget which ones (might say all this in that link). If you don't the 360 resets itself when you change tv channels.

The official dongle is a better bet, and they go for about ?12 second hand. EvilBoris has one, or they go on av forums a fair bit. If your not a member there i can look out for you .

Comment

So where is the best place to buy an Asian 360, as playasia dont have them in stock.

Comment

So, I'm going to take the plunge and buy a Jap Arcade system (unless I can get one from the Wanted thread but I don't hold out much hope).

I've already got a UK system so will it be possible to swap my HDD back and forth without fear of losing any data?

Or is it best to have different HDD but with the Live! account recovered onto both systems?

Thanks for help.

Comment

I have a 360 from each region and just use the one HDD (120 GB). The only thing to remember is that if you download something on one console you'll need to be signed in to Live to use it on the other.

Comment

Just want to make sure, but if I bought a Jasper machine from P-A, would it be ok to run it on the same PSU as I'm running my current one?

Comment

Yeah, can't see why not.

Comment

I've been researching going down the jap360 route.

An aspect still stands preventing me taking the plunge - the warranty

My conversations with MS+PA recommend that a jap 306 can NOT be repaired under warranty in the UK

Anyone had a contrary experience?

cheers

Comment

I think the trick is... don't talk to them.
                  I got my NTSC-U 360 repaired (rrod) via xbox.com. It came back as a US machine. They fixed the DVD drive too (no read errors).

Comment

Was that recently Charlesr?

I've spoken to MS twice now to confirm this, and on both occasions they said something different!?

Wish it was a tad clearer!

Comment

I can't remember when it was. A year ago? Just go for it and hope I reckon.

Comment

I've costed it all out as about ?350 all in - which is a lot to gamble if it goes wrong after six months(PA warranty)

Might look into the US 360 warranty situation in UK. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by Ichabod View Post
                          Was that recently Charlesr?

I've spoken to MS twice now to confirm this, and on both occasions they said something different!?

Wish it was a tad clearer!
                          They will ask for the serial number, and when they realise it's not a UK machine you'll normally get a variety of answers - ranging from "no, we won't fix it" to "you'll get a UK one back". I just don't think it's possible to send it in without them realising what region it is any more, unless you quote the number from a UK 360 and then send the Japanese/US one and hope. I've been through 6 360s from multiple regions. If you want to get into the US or Japanese 360 import "scene" (maaan!) then be prepared to inform your bank manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichabod View Post
                            I've costed it all out as about ?350 all in - which is a lot to gamble if it goes wrong after six months(PA warranty)

Might look into the US 360 warranty situation in UK. Anyone know?
                            MS UK take exactly the same stance with all import 360's. The warranty is only valid in the region the console is intended for.

If you speak to them on the phone you will have no luck but as Charles says you might get lucky if you request a repair online. It is the risk you take though.

If you did have an issue then there are guys here that would probably repair it for you....and probably for less than MS charge for out of warranty repairs.

Comment

All a bit RussianRoulette to me

Comment

Menu language?

Hi all,

Came across this thread as I'm looking into importing from Play Asia, mainly for the Cave shmup support. Some excellent info here- much appreciated. One outstanding question; can anyone please confirm the console menu language? And if it's just Japanese, is it easy to guess the options, access XBox live, etc.?

Apologies if this has already been covered, and thanks for reading!

Cheers
                                Kevsy

Comment

Working...
                                X