Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can set the console language to English and all the menus will be in English, yeah. Only time dashboard things are in Japanese are if you're logged into a Japanese live account, and even then things are very easy to navigate - they follow the same layout as any other Live region and you can generally trial-and-error your way through even if you have no Japanese knowledge.

Comment

That's great, many thanks fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Wavey Pavey View Post
        By now they must have only Falcons and newer. Can't be any oder revisons left. Any reason why you have gone for a US console over a Japanese?
        Hey, sorry for the long reply
        The reason was stupidity and being a total newbie. Seems like if I want to be content with 360 games I have to actually grab JPN 360 next.

Smelly region lock

Comment

Looking to pick up an asian model, just a couple of questions:

How's reliability on current models?
          Can I pickup an Arcade model and use my existing PAL hard disc?

Also any advice on where to buy one? It has been a long time since I imported hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by ste View Post
            Looking to pick up an asian model, just a couple of questions:

How's reliability on current models?
            Can I pickup an Arcade model and use my existing PAL hard disc?

Also any advice on where to buy one? It has been a long time since I imported hardware.
            Reliability is good. I've had my JP Falcom for over a year now and never had any major problems.

You can buy an Arcade and use everything off a PAL machine. No need for a stepdown either as you can use the PSU that comes with it.

As for buying one, videogameimports.com or play-asia would be your best bet.

Comment

If you get an arcade you'll probably get a Jasper too.

Comment

Hi guys.

New to the forum.... have been looking everywhere to find the best place to buy an NTSC US 360 online, would rather not get lumbered with a dodgy bricked console off Ebay.
                Any suggestions on a reputable online site from our friends over the pond?

Thanks.

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Until the exchange rates took a turn for the worse I used these guys for most of my US imports:

www.videogamesplus.ca

I bought all my US consoles from them (other than those I've bought from members here) and without fail they've been great. Quick dispatch, reasonable courier rates and very import friendly

A lot of peeps here swear by 'em.
                  Last edited by tom-nook; 08-01-2010, 15:25.

Comment

I have the same question as above! VG+ only have a Modern Warfare 2 Super Elite bundle, NCSX have stopped selling NTSC-U consoles, and Play-Asia (as per the name) only do eastern machines. Whilst I don't want a dodgy bricked eBay machine either, $400+ on a 250gb behemoth is far from ideal! Anyone know of any other places?

Comment

Im sure this question would already have been answered in the thread - but its quite lenghthy so I thought rather than trawl through it, I would just ask.

I want to pick up a 360 to play some of the cave shooters, and Ive noticed on the play asia site that the asian version is slightly cheaper than the JP version. If I go with the asian one will it play all JP software? Also is it true that with the asian version, that I wont need to buy a stepdown psu?

Comment

Asian versions do run at 240v I think yeah. And I've read that certain JP games don't work on Asian consoles - unsure about all the Cave games though.

Comment

thanks for reply, will have to see if I can pick up a JP machine or otherwise just go for another UK one...though if I do this will only be able to pick up a couple of the decent JP shooterups.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the amount of Japanese games that do not run on an Asian system is not even worth worrying about. The list stood at one when this FAQ was created and I'm not aware of any newer games having problems.

Comment

I think Im leaning toward getting a JP system in any case, want to make sure that I have a system which will play all the shootemups out now, and which might be released in future. Am about to go on holiday on monday for a week, was thinking of ordering before I go, then hoping the 360 might arrive around the time I return. Wasn't sure what the best shipping option to go for is from Play Asia. Want to minimise any extra charges which are likely to be applied.

Comment

I'd probably go with FedEx if the option is there. They bill you the VAT charges at a later date, so you can at least budget for them coming. Plus your parcel isn't held hostage.

Comment

Working...
                                X