Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Xbox 360 Import FAQ (by HumanEnergy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, will check it out!

Comment

So Ketsui is out and now there's no more hiding, I need a 360. What's the advantage of the arcade model over the elite or vice versa, am I really going to need huge HDD in the future ? is it stll possible to get the best experience..tell me please, i am clueless on 360.

Also can anybody who preceded me in buying/importing an Asian model confirm they are the latest model (jaspers/jespers whatever) ?

Sorry, prolly asked before/answered elsewhere...if so link me and then temban me or something

Comment

I'd recommend getting an Elite as they come with all the extra bits and bobs you need: large HDD, headset, wireless controller, superior video cables and ethernet cable. You don't need an HDD to get the best experience but if you wanna take advantage of the demos, videos, games and DLC available on the Marketplace (Xbox Live Store) then it's a must; and it's surprising how quickly they fill up so I wouldn't settle for anything smaller than 120GB.

Can't help you on where you might find an Asian Jasper model, sorry, but jaspers have been out for a while now so I expect almost every new 360 console sold today has the jasper chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
          I'd recommend getting an Elite as they come with all the extra bits and bobs you need: large HDD, headset, wireless controller, superior video cables and ethernet cable. You don't need an HDD to get the best experience but if you wanna take advantage of the demos, videos, games and DLC available on the Marketplace (Xbox Live Store) then it's a must; and it's surprising how quickly they fill up so I wouldn't settle for anything smaller than 120GB.
          Cheers Charlie, prolly will stick with ps3 for media apps/online but since that uses up quite a few gigs just installing some games I wondered If I needed a HDD to play/install the non arcade games like Mass Effect, Half Life Orange Box etc. The arcade title is confusing me lol.

Awesome time to be digging in though, console's reportedly less error prone, lots of awesome cheap games, healthy shmups collection, what more do you wan't

Comment

360 titles don't need to be installed to the HDD (aside from a couple of isolated cases like FFXI and Football Manager), this is a strictly a PS3 phenomena due to the slow read speed of it's Blu-Ray drive.

That said, the basic 20GB HDD (13GB usable) in the 360 will fill up extremely fast, I definately agree that you should go with a 120GB drive. There's no such thing as an 'error free' 360 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibusawa jr. View Post
              So Ketsui is out and now there's no more hiding, I need a 360.
              If the console is going to be used predominantly for shmups, a 60GB HDD would be more than adequate. Even a 20GB model will hold a surprising amount since the installed file sizes are so small. ie;

Espgaluda 2
              Mushihimesama Futari
              Ketsui
              Raiden Fighters Aces
              Raiden IV

Just over 3GB total for that lot, including MF1.5's Black Label add-on.

Comment

Any better places to get a JP arcade now guys? I don't want 360S and that seem's to be all play-asia do

Comment

There's one in the trading folder for £100

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                    There's one in the trading folder for ?100
                    I wish I could get on there, can you post the direct link to it. I have 10 posts but can't find it

Comment

Originally posted by RuthlessRemix View Post
                      I wish I could get on there, can you post the direct link to it. I have 10 posts but can't find it
                      That's sort of the point. Post more, be part of the community, then you can join the sales forum fun.

Comment

Actually, I think it's a time delay of a couple of weeks, rather than post count.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                          Actually, I think it's a time delay of a couple of weeks, rather than post count.
                          I asked neil2k and he said it's 50 posts now. Anyway I will be posting more but only joined like a few days ago but as TA is down i'm sure i'll be on here more

Comment

It's both.

Comment

Are there any sites out there where you can import an Arcade console? I've tried the usual but all they seem to have is the new S models and i'd prefer the arcade version (mainly cause i'm cheap)

Comment

What's up with Japanese 360 games? Are any of the titles in English? For example, are games produced in America completely in Japanese?

I was looking into shmups and my PS3 won't cut it. The Jap 360 seems to be the console to import this gen.

Comment

Working...
                                X