No announcement yet.

The Import PS Vita thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont get me wrong, i'm sure it will be awesome; i was so close to importing one, but the recent ridge racer nonsense, low frame rates in 'premium games' such as uncharted, no wipeout on launch, uncertainity of psn accounts usage in the uk, rip off memory card prices, etc it just wasnt worth the heartache or a withdrawal from my ISA

Comment

posted by dvdx2
      dont get me wrong, i'm sure it will be awesome; i was so close to importing one, but the recent ridge racer nonsense, low frame rates in 'premium games' such as uncharted, no wipeout on launch, uncertainity of psn accounts usage in the uk, rip off memory card prices, etc it just wasnt worth the heartache or a withdrawal from my ISA
      ....and then there's the warranty issue, didn't people learn from the PS3 debacle ????

Comment

Originally posted by Shozuki View Post
        just wanted to let everyone know www.gadget-asia.com

have Vita for ?249.99 (WiFi) and ?259.99 (WiFi + 3G) and they have confirmed units will ship on the 23rd.

Shipping is ?34.89

not ideal if your in a rush for chrimbo, but if you can wait its worth saving money and buying it through them.

having spoke to them they havent listed the games or memory cards up yet, but will once they confirm the details with the supplier within the coming days and you can have your games added to the console shipment.

they also confirm they mark down the parcel for customs! yay!

just a heads up as ncsx are heavily overpricing their units and want $195 for shipping to the UK...
        Not trying to put a dampener on things, but has anyone seen / transacted with these guys before? They're quoting ?260 for a Wifi+3G model with free worldwide shipping, which seems too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
          Not trying to put a dampener on things, but has anyone seen / transacted with these guys before? They're quoting ?260 for a Wifi+3G model with free worldwide shipping, which seems too good to be true.
          you know the saying; if it sound too good to be true....

Comment

yeah I had the same reservations, but they are paypal verified. Also despite saying free shipping they do charge ?34.89 DHL express shipping...

Also I've done some digging elsewhere they seem perfectly genuine.

Comment

DHL Express is guaranteed customs tax payable on delivery.

I'd imagine that the Vita will have been opened, the will also be no guarantee. You can buy most things in Hong Kong for cheaper if you negate the guarantee. Has always been the same way.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I did it, ordered a Vita from Play-Asia. Last in line, but hopefully I will have it before next weekend. Ordered with Katamari and a 4GB memory card. I have no willpower

Comment

Just had an email from AmiAmi. My carry case & game card holders are in stock and they just need be to handover the cash.

Here goes!

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    DHL Express is guaranteed customs tax payable on delivery.

I'd imagine that the Vita will have been opened, the will also be no guarantee. You can buy most things in Hong Kong for cheaper if you negate the guarantee. Has always been the same way.
                    Ah dang that would suck, but ah well its too late. I refuse to pay NCSX prices though.

Originally posted by MoFo2 View Post
                    I did it, ordered a Vita from Play-Asia. Last in line, but hopefully I will have it before next weekend. Ordered with Katamari and a 4GB memory card. I have no willpower
                    Where did you order from mate?

Comment

Uhm, it says in the quote?

Comment

lol WTF! what an idiot! do they ship to the UK now then?

Comment

It doesn't say anything about any restrictions on the product page for the Vita. And it also seems they are now able to ship out more Sony-stuff that they couldn't before, so you Brits and us Norwegians can order all we want

Comment

Where is thou manuals?

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 box.

Dynasty Warriors comes with a manual so may just be publisher/developer specific.
                            Uncharted has been confirmed as being able to play in english on japanese machine.
                            Last edited by Family Fry; 17-12-2011, 02:23.

Comment

To all you bitches playing on one of these right now, how close are you finding your left thumb to the thumbstick if your using it to do streetfighter type moves on the D-pad?

Apparently they're a little too close for comfort?

Comment

Slightly, but it's the best Sony d-pad yet. Handhelds are not built for fighting games IMO, but it's less painful than a PSP.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X