Dodonpachi Saidaioujou REGION FREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only just seen this thread!

This is probably going to be a stupid question but I don't really know about this stuff.

We have a UK 360 and all the UK compatible Cave games, this has just been ordered now, but I'm interested in the Japanese only games and would rather avoid getting a second console to play them if possible.

Is it possible to chip or hack the console in some way to play region locked import games or to do that and somehow rip the Japanese games we buy and to change their region locking?

Doesn't matter if we can't take them online or something, it's just that I'm finding myself getting into Cave stuff more and more as they're completely new to me and I remember that we used to do something similar with US PS1 games that we used to get through a local importer. Seem to remember having something that plugged into the PS1 to let us do that, not sure though.

Do Cave have more on the way or are they moving to the newer consoles?

Like I said, I'm sure these are questions with obvious answers but it is new to us. Thanks.

Comment

AFAIK the only way to hack a 360 to be region free is to JTAG it, which is a fairly complex mod that requires a system with significantly backdated software.

360s that are only hacked to play copied games won't be region free.

I'm sure someone else can add more.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
        Edit: You can't change scoreboard initials, and I have no idea what wide mode does. In regards to Xbox 360 mode, you can remove the faces/spinning cave logo and everything else simply by changing the main window zoom. I have my zoom window set to x=113 y=113 so it fills the entirety of my screen, and the distractions on the side have gone.
        Going TATE, I have the zoom set to 149/149 to maximise screen area, so I never had to go through 360 mode with the extra windows...couldn't those be turned off in options menu?

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
          Going TATE, I have the zoom set to 149/149 to maximise screen area, so I never had to go through 360 mode with the extra windows...couldn't those be turned off in options menu?
          Nope. I guess not. I personally don't mind the chatter.

Originally posted by 85 78 73 81 85 69 View Post
          Is it possible to chip or hack the console in some way to play region locked import games or to do that and somehow rip the Japanese games we buy and to change their region locking?
          I don't think so buddy. JTagging is more for piracy than unlocking region.

I shelled out a while ago for a Japanese 360 and never looked back, but given that the only region locked Cave games at the moment are Ketsui, DOJ and Deathsmiles 2, it's not really worth it.

Deathsmiles got a UK release, as did Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu / Resurrection. (The Ketsupachi mode remains a Japanese exclusive though.. )

Ketsui and DOJ can be played by... other means. 4 letter word, begins in M and ends in E.
          Last edited by Silvergun X; 04-06-2013, 10:47.

Comment

Yeah I don't know if to go with much cheaper route and head to the store and pay less than 200e on a 360 or order a J unit online for 235 plus shipping + customs. Cave games aren't the only shmups out there!

Comment

That's true. I forgot about the stuff like Caladrius.

I quite enjoyed Shooting Love 200x when that came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                Nope. I guess not. I personally don't mind the chatter.

I don't think so buddy. JTagging is more for piracy than unlocking region.

I shelled out a while ago for a Japanese 360 and never looked back, but given that the only region locked Cave games at the moment are Ketsui, DOJ and Deathsmiles 2, it's not really worth it.

Deathsmiles got a UK release, as did Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu / Resurrection. (The Ketsupachi mode remains a Japanese exclusive though.. )

Ketsui and DOJ can be played by... other means. 4 letter word, begins in M and ends in E.
                Thanks, that's a shame really.

Had a look at JTagging and our console seems to be too new but like you said it's not really useful for what I want to do anyway.

Don't want to take this off topic but we do already have the UK editions of Dodonpachi Resurrection, Akai Katana, DeathSmiles and all the XBLA games as well as the Japanese editions of ESPgaluda II, Mushihimesama Futari, Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets so I think with Saidaioujou on the way we have everything that's available to us.

It's not just the Cave stuff that I'm enjoying tough so we've also got everything that's been made available on the PS3 and I know Ketsui is on the way to Japan next month so I'm really happy about that as I believe it's really good.

I'm yet to play anything that I've enjoyed as much as ESPgaluda II and Mushihimesama Futari though, so good!

Back on topic though.

Comment

Originally posted by 85 78 73 81 85 69 View Post

?50 plus postage will rgh your UK machine to fully disable the region locking on any and every game. You can also then stick the discs in the loft if you get a big enough hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
                    ?50 plus postage will rgh your UK machine to fully disable the region locking on any and every game. You can also then stick the discs in the loft if you get a big enough hard drive.
                    Pretty sure it then also means you can run MAME on it.

Neil

Comment

It does, aswell as emulators. Annoyingly though a few of them give you achievements, which when you then go online with with your profile leads to a smacked bum.

Comment

It does, aswell as emulators. Annoyingly though a few of them give you achievements, which when you then go online with with your profile leads to a smacked bum.
                        Lol surely you keep your online & Jtag profiles totally seperate though??

Comment

No, no point, hence the reason i binned off the emu's. Aside from those no problem with using the same profile.

Comment

No, no point, hence the reason i binned off the emu's. Aside from those no problem with using the same profile.
                            Ah I see.
                            Makes sense really.

What was EMU like on it?

Comment

Guys, open your own thread.

Comment

Yes sir. Blame Neil, he gets carried away.

Comment

Working...
                                X