Street Fighter Anniversary Collection & CFJ: Gamertag list & Online Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the games mr Fallows

My Urien definately needs a lot of work but the last win with Elana made me a very happy chappy. I don't like your hugo though

Comment

Grr. Why am I such a retard. PS1 pads work with my convertor... they are so much easier to source and about the 10th of the cost

Comment

Previous statement withdrawn for 3rd party and non DS pads. Cant even do a QCFx2+P on it.

Comment

PS pads are nasty for 2d fighters. 4 face buttons just sucks, and that dpad is so spongey!

Comment

Wow. This is surprisingly good. Really didn't expect it. Pleasantly surprised the way I was with Outrun 2.

Still not sure what QCFx2+P means, but i'd imagine its something to do with twatting the other character in a stylish (yet introverted and nerdy) manner.

Probably go online with it tomorrow. Anyone want to alleviate me from carrying the heavy burden of my online SF3 cherry?

i.e. rape me.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul3704
              Following all you're praise and heckling, and inparticular Tom's piece on the game, I've taken the plunge and bought it.

Be gentle.....
              Tom's? Read my article botches!

I love doing that

Comment

How good are NTL? During my match with madmarc my game freezes and I get "connection has been physically disconnected". Cheers. Dead good. 1st time that's happened. I plug the cable into my PC and still nothing - thought I'd give it 10mins before calling them and here I am. I'll be back on in a bit marc.

Good games Tom, I thought I had that judgement when Alex popped up first. I could have been doing with a more severe warm up prior. That's my excuse.

Get recording next time.

Hmm.. prob with Yang is he takes more damage than anyone else and doesn't really dish any out - you have to rely upon speed+confusion more than anything. Little pissed at not pulling out any EX stuff. Having a bash at practice mode, I don't think there's much point using him apart for taking out scrub shotos, his chained supers are reduced so much it takes the piss.

Played the guy ranked #12 earlier (name begins with b and has a couple of e's in it), got battered 5-0, Yang did give a good performance against Urien I must admit.
                Last edited by dataDave; 13-02-2005, 20:09.

Comment

FAQ me do. (aka shorthand notation and tips for SF3)

Code:
                  Joystick

ub  u  uf      Jump Up-Back            Jump Up         Jump Up-Forward
                     \ | /
                  b -- n -- f     Walk Back / Block       Neutral         Walk Forward
                     / | \
                   db  d  df      Crouch / Low Block      Crouch          Offensive Crouch

Buttons

LP  MP  HP      Light Punch         Medium Punch        Hard Punch

LK  MK  HK      Light Kick          Medium Kick         Hard Kick

Techniques

QCF - Input (d,df,f) on the controller, a quarter circle from down to forward.

HCF - Input (b,db,d,df) on the controller, a half circle from back to forward.

QCB - Input (d,db,b) or (f,df,d,db) on the controller, a quarter circle from down to back.

HCB - Input (f,df,d,db) on the controller, a half circle from forward to back.

DP - Dragon punch motion (f,d,df).

RDP - Reverse dragon punch motion (b,d,db).

PP / KK - Press any 2 punch / kick buttons simultaneously.

PPP / KKK - Press all 3 punch / kick buttons simultaneously.

Rotate 360 / 720 - Rotate the controller in a full circle or two full circles. The shorthand method to do this is to input (f,df,d,db,b,ub,u) or the reverse.

Charge b,f / d,u - Hold in one direction for two seconds, then press in the second direction and press the button listed (P or K).

EX - The special move can be EX'ed (Special + PP/KK).

SA I / II / III - Super Art (One, two or three).

Personal Action / Taunt - Press HP+HK, Special move. Different for each character.

Overhead Attack - Press MP+MK.

Throw - When close to the opponent press b / n / f + LP+LK.

Air Throw - Press b / n / f + LP+LK when close to your opponent in the air.

Throw Escape - You can escape a throw by pressing LP+LK as you are about to be thrown.

Block (standing) - Hold b when attacked.

Block (crouching) - Hold db when attacked.

Jump - Tap u / ub / uf.

Super jump - Tap db,uf / d,u / df,ub.

Dash Forward - Tap f,f.

Dash Back - Tap b,b.

Quick Roll - Tap d as you are about to land.

Parry - Tap f as the opponent attacks you. (chara turns BLUE on successful execution)

Low Parry - Tap d as the opponent attacks you with a low attack.(chara turns BLUE on successful execution)

Air Parry - (In air) Tap f as your opponent strikes.(chara turns BLUE on successful execution)

Guard Parry - Block the opponent's attack and tap f as you block the move. (chara turns RED on successful execution, supposedly higher frame advantage)

Last edited by yashiro; 13-02-2005, 23:23.

Comment

Wahey

I knew you'd eventually succumb to 3S paulo!!

If your on during the day either tommoz or wednesday let us know and i'll put the mic on if you want practice and tips and that. ^_^

Comment

Shend when you available?

Comment

Good job on that FAQ Yashiro.

Makes all the terms clear to newcomers and also, helps people invisage the Stick\pad layout and how they are meant to do the moves without having pad infront of them. Its easy for people who actually play fighters to slip into shortening names of techniques without knowing, and i know Moodmon spoke of this in the "comments" section, so just having this FAQ by Yash, a n00b to SF3 will be up too speed.

Maybe Boog should put that at the top of his guide?
                        Last edited by jassi singh; 13-02-2005, 21:23.

Comment

Playstation pads arent great I admit but I'm comfortable with them. have gotten used to mediums being on the top now, just I occasionally get confused as to which is which :P Actually am having similar problems wih the original PS pads as I did with the SFA pad when I got that. Gonna get a dual shock tommorow and see how that works out. Watching these vids that keep getting posted have me crying out in the night for some 3s...

Gonna go for a stick I decided. Gotta take 4 weeks off work yet before April should give me enough time to manage to pull off super arts. IS the one I linked to a few pages back worth it's salt? http://www.lik-sang.com/list.php?nav...58d01392a9b3eb

If not I just need a link to one that is. Or if it is maybe a link to one that doesnt have a game that I'll never really play plastered all over it

Also I'm a technical retard if it was to need any work done on it then it wouldnt get done. That's not going to be a problem is it? (Myself attacking it not to be taken into consideration when answering please )

Also is there anywher eI can get it from that doesn't charge 30 odd quid postage. Jeez
                          Last edited by teodi; 13-02-2005, 21:53. Reason: because i'm an edit monkey

Comment

I too talk about parrying, super cancels and why Ken is such a loathsome idiot
                            That's such a great line

Comment

Shame it's a lie. Ken is the ****ing daddy. XD

Comment

Shut up, you can't even play SF.

Great games again Lyrical, I almost caught you.
                                My particular highlight was the Ibuki V Alex. I didn't think I'd stand a chance against Alex so I quickly decided to make up an unconventional tactic. Command dash into throw! \o/!!!! Also liked the Hugo V Mako.

Comment

Working...
                                X