No announcement yet.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection & CFJ: Gamertag list & Online Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been out and got it at lunch time today, so i'll definately be on 3rd strike this evening.
    the wait is killing me.

(gamertag is fuddle (no caps)

Comment

"Hey Brian!
      Come online now! I'll help you pick and show you some stuff!"
      sorry, I was i ve been mucking around with Reason all afternoon going to go buy this now back soon. Also i m using a modded dc stick with ps1 pad insides so i wont have a headset unless its possible to put the headset in other controller port?..

Comment

OMG you use Reason?!
        Me too! ^_^

In fact I made a remix of Dudley's music in it!
        Are you using magicbox or something if your DC stick has a PS1 PCB?

Also, sorry Yoshimax. I feel bad now

Comment

SF3 looks like being the main attraction and is the one I will be playing... played around 15 matches with Yoshimax (wee Gamertag for yous boys to add) and it ran sooooooo sweet!! It is incredible how satisfying and cool it is playing this game... instant live classic for those open minded enough to appreciate it!!

The set-up is so simple and the ranking system is everything you need. Matches played, matches won/lost, average winning and rating, sheer class!!

Ther is no lag, it may occasionaly freeze completely for few seconds but both players affected in the exact same way so no disadvantage Be on for a marathon session tonight... SF3, sees you boys on the street 8)

Seems like there a quite a few new folk to this game which is good. To anyone in any doubt over SF:anniversary, it is an absolute joy to play on single machine or live. Fantastically smooth and so much fun it should not be legal!! Moved into my top 5 live games, simplistic brilliance!! Am in work and can think of nothing but kicking all sorts of ass on live tonight
          Last edited by Mardigan8; 29-10-2004, 14:51.

Comment

Gah, I so want to try this out online but I really can't bring myself to play it with the Xbox pad. And I don't do sticks! Woe is me...

Comment

Do not fret!! I played it at first with the XBox pad, using the Dpad and it was rubbish... switched to hte stick (which I have never used before) and it honestly worked like an absolute dream. It as if it was made fo rthis game makes pulling off the majority off special moves and combos, which involve quarter and half circles much easier to pull off!!

I took the chance and gambled on the pad and I am now the happiest Street Fighter in the world. If you can get use to the sticks and you like fighters, you have to try it.

IT ROCKS, period!!

Comment

Nggh, need to sort out my credit card so I can get this!!! >_<

Comment

I can't get into third strike really, I'll work through the pain barrier I am sure and start enjoying it more, it really doesn't feel like the natural evolution for the streetfighter series though, more like a capcom vs marvel type game which are but a novelty for me.

Online the games run smooth, really been enjoying playing streetfighter turbo. The old snes skillz coming into play again. For those who said you cannot refine all buttons, well in a strict sense this is true but I find the ill placed white and black buttons map to the L and R triggers so it's no trouble for me to get to all the 6 buttons.

It's ****e that a lot of folks are using sticks with no voice comms, I am better off just using a D-pad anyway I reckon!

Need to get some serious practice in this weekend as against a formidable opponent I will not stand a chance! (esp on third strike!)

Shame third strike and classic streetighter are seperated out into essentially two games on one disc. I got a friends invite from the other game and the game had to restart and I had to re-log back into XBL to accept it (by that time my friend was offline) - that is crap, also XBL could have been a bit more integrated into the game, it's a little like BO3 logging in and leaving all the offline modes, what happened to online aware titles!?

Comment

I might well pick it up. I have both games independently on the PS2 (Not that I know SF3 at all well, mind) so my learning curve would mainly be the controls. I do have a magic box so I could use the PS2 pad but then I'd not be able to use the headset. Oh the agony! >_<

Comment

You seriously gotta learn parrying, and buffering the Super Arts to get good. Learn them as early on as possible, as soon as you can get Chun Li's SA2 out every time (low MK into SA2) then you'll fall in love with the game man.

Comment

Street Fighter on the SNES was my last real experience of the SF series so am picking this up relatively cold. SF on the SNES was a religion to me so am sure the old techniques will come flooding back!!

SF, 3 strike to me feels like the main game here... better variety of characters and fighting styles (the parry move leads to some devastating moves). For 30 quid it is a fantastic package!!

Have been using the original XBox pad, with strong punch and kick mapped to white and blacl respectively. If you get use to the stick and have the buttons in a perfect alignment like this on the front face it works splendid!!

All games should give you this much joy in victory!! Dominataing players on live is first class!! Have yet to really open up a can on anyone, but looking forward to it

To Tom Slater: This motion is seconded. The game appears very simple but the fighting mechanics have fantastic depth if you pracy!! Preferred Super Arts is Ryus Ultimate Fireball that you charge!! Great to watch an opponent jump around trying to avoid while you build up the hit combo on it... you can jump, but this bad boy is still gonna rattle ya
                        Last edited by Mardigan8; 29-10-2004, 15:13.

Comment

I can't wait to unleash some Q on you people.

Becuase NOBODY i play regular on DC uses him, i can totally mess them about. He's diamond.

Whats that Q?

".............(Soon?!)......."

Comment

Q's going down, like the little kiddy-fiddler he is! >_,

Comment

Dissin my Q!!!

I'll rape that Makoto! 1st class fisting an no mistake!

Whats that Q?

"................(Seriously?)....."

Better believe it >_<

Comment

I got my first A today with Makoto.

Standing throw into dash into standing throw into dash into standing throw = opponent stunned into SA2 into jumping QCB+K into DP into SA2. My flatmate was stunned. :P

Comment

Working...
                                X