Street Fighter Anniversary Collection & CFJ: Gamertag list & Online Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saurian
    Anybody! - use Chun Li as you like her and can play well, she is considered to be a seriously TEEF character tho. Why not try Yun, Yang and Ibuki if you like your fast strikes?

Ibuki is a hell of a lot more versatile than Chun Li imo, so is Yun, Yang and Dudley - Fighting Chun Li in SF3 is absolute zero fun.
    Think Ill give Ibuki a go

Comment

Have a look what happens when you forward dash next to a floored opponent with Ibuki and you'll be hooked on her!

Comment

Every time I fight one of these heads it's the same, they buss fireball/dragon tactics - and get CAKED every time they try the setup, but instead of adjusting and trying a different approach they just KEEP ON trying and trying the same old **** expecting it to somehow work! So many use fireball/dragon/sweep as the 3 main weapons - but all of those can be beaten so damn easily now with parries it's silly. I purposely jump at them constantly cos I know all they want to do is to connect a dragon.
        Hey! Those are/were main main tactics with Ken

Everybodys got to start somewhere.

Comment

It's a very bad starting point on SF3 - the game system is completely different, so using those old styles is not gonna get you anywhere. On SF3 if you are playing a Shoto character you should concentrate on mixing your stuff up more - Ken is amazing for this. Seriously you are a sitting duck if you try and play SF2 style Ryu and Ken on SF3.

Comment

It's a very bad starting point on SF3 - the game system is completely different, so using those old styles is not gonna get you anywhere. On SF3 if you are playing a Shoto character you should concentrate on mixing your stuff up more - Ken is amazing for this. Seriously you are a sitting duck if you try and play SF2 style Ryu and Ken on SF3.
            hey that's what i do! that's why i'm losing!

btw i played TheShend this morning - he dealt with my case. although i did beat him with alex one match (i've never been alex before either) but otherwise he pwned me silly. his Q is really nasty, heck, anyone he is is nasty. I gor Urien'd like i've never seen before!

i'm going on now if anyone wants to join me. for security's sake i've removed my GT but you'll know it's me if you saw me online (i've got ntsc uk in my gt. natty eh?)

Comment

I know and I'm trying, but I find it hard to change, anyway I am trying to learn Matoko now though cos I have just discovered that she is so cool.

Comment

Fighting Chun Li in SF3 is absolute zero fun.
                Absolutely. That's the kicker - she's awesome but boring. I'm currently awed by many of the good Yuns and Yangs, and am slowly buildling my Makoto skills. I gelled with the character instantly: slow walk with ultra-fast dashes and moves. Oh, and a sweep that hits high. Perfect

Comment

Hey, don't diss Chun Li. Nothing to do with the fact I can't play as anyone else. At all (well, I refuse Ryu, Ken and Akuma on principle).

In my defense, I can't even do the super motion properly. Yeah, that'll do.

Comment

apologies to some on my playstyle tonight. Friends over testing the live 3s and he's not a fan of cheap shots :P Hence the entire fights with nothing but Necro sticking his tongue out and Oro sleeping...

TheShend knows the guy I mean
                    Last edited by teodi; 13-11-2004, 21:41.

Comment

Remind me never to play Saurian when he's got his Urien hat on. Good lord, one mistake and bang, punished. Hope you didn't mind be cycling my characters (I can only fudge my way through as certain one, so I might as well try to learn them). Highlights included an awesome comeback against my Sean when he had no health left. The git

Comment

Hey Saurian i heard you kicked my bros arse

bloody ken player

Comment

heh

Evil Dave getting some LIVE 3S action their teodi my son.

He certainly does hate the cheap players. My Q for instance

I'm having a phase onto Necro, just need the proper equipment to make him react to my will and not when the spad feels like it!!!

Comment

Argh, get back here Saurian. I was ready for a 10+ match marathon

Was on Halo 2, saw you online, switched that off, and only got a few games, bah.

Comment

Hi all
                              Norwegian player here, if you play me and we have a good connection please add me to your friends list. I think I have played some of you already (recognize some names).
                              I play Dudley mostly.

Comment

Sunday morning seems to be the time to rack up easy wins. i played 3 people today, each of them only using ryu and ken, doing pretty much the same stuff over and over.
                                i couldnt beleive they kept doing rematch.
                                30 wins, even got an A+ with elena

Comment

Working...
                                X