No announcement yet.

The "I'm Crap at Halo" Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the way health is handled in multiplayer HALO2 is poor, especially in death-matches.

Its a case of engage an enemy, kill him, then as you are recovering you get shot in the back almost guaranteed. Sure I can get a high frag count, but I also get killed just as much. One hit kills are a pain as well.

Camp the oversheild....

Comment

It's all about the way you move, Mr!

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE
        I think the way health is handled in multiplayer HALO2 is poor, especially in death-matches.

Its a case of engage an enemy, kill him, then as you are recovering you get shot in the back almost guaranteed. Sure I can get a high frag count, but I also get killed just as much. One hit kills are a pain as well.

Camp the oversheild....
        I don't mind the health system to much tbh but the one hit kills is a pain in the ass. I'm not a fan of the sword at all - rocket launcher I can live with and as for the shotgun - ! Why can I never kill anyone with it despite being literally on top of them !

Comment

The shotgun is a funny old beast, sometimes you can kill in one shot, and other times it hardly does a thing. As strange as it sounds, you really need to aim for the head at all times with this weapon as it almost gives you a one-shot kill.

I find it really annoying when I'm shooting someone to bits, they spin around and just fire once and I die...but I guess that's life.

The shotgun also seems to be effected by lag more than any other weapon, so be aware of that one...

Comment

Yeah, you need to aim for the head/upper torso with the shotgun. You also need to be SERIOUSLY close for the one hit kill. More than any other FPS shotgun, the Halo 2 Shotgun has a SERIOUS bend in its damage-to-range curve; if the target is smaller than the entire reticle, you can forget a one hit kill - you really need to be that close. That said, in circle-jumping scraps, it's still a two-four hit kill.

One of the best ways to use it is to revert to Halo 1 tactics: deplete the shield with a pistol or plasma rifle, switch, boom. Even if you've only knocked off half the shield, it'll be more likely you'll get that one hit kill.

Also, if you've got an enemy's back to you, remember that it's a one-hit melee kill - with anything. People standing around or not being aware get clocked in the back of the head, simple as that

Also, in terms of melee damage - the sword is at the top, but the flag and the oddball are pretty much second - the ball has a HELL of a range on it - far bigger than the animation makes it look like - and you can defend yourself very adequately at close range against a single head-on attacker. The flag's a bit more unwieldy, but two flag hits will kill a fully-shielded player. I think the ball might be marginally more powerful than the flag.

Comment

I'm raiding this thread for gamertags as I'm only a 2 on the rankings and could do with friendly hammerings rather than completely demoralising ones.

Expect friends requests people

Or are you all 'Super-s**t-hot' now?

Tony
              Last edited by tonyk100; 09-12-2004, 19:52.

Comment

Tony: your ranking varies per game type, though the one you'll see in people's profile is their highest. For instance, I'm Level 9 at Team Skirmish, but only 5 at Big Team Battle and Rumble Pit. You need to work on each area to level up, and it's annoying being highly ranked but playing with lowly ranked players, especially in team games, who have no idea what to do.

Comment

K my Halo 2 finally arrived.
                  I'm really crap at it, and so I'm not really enjoying it much either.
                  Well that's maybe 'cos no one talks or coordinates.
                  Who wants to play?!

Comment

Get in a custom game tonight Firsty, you'll enjoy it then

I'll probably be on at various points during the day, as I've got the whol day off work! Aces.

Comment

Custom game? What's this?

It was so much easier with XBC.

Comment

To be honest I don't really play online Halo now. Too many serious or good players and I feel as though I ruin the experience for them. I am playing campaign on Heroic though and that's really good. Much better than on normal.

Comment

A custom game is just a server set up by people in your friend list (as you would in any other XB Live game) - you usually get the most teamwork this way. Also great fun is getting four people in a party and doing the small team games in Matchmaking.

Just jumping onto random servers with random people gives very...random results.

Comment

Working...
                          X