GT4 - NTSC-uk Weekly Challenge No. 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ravon...159.183...SHELBY COBRA 427 67
    (tyres were medium as default) is this true fro everybody else. ?
    A very rough lap by me.. and i was using teh pad.. couldnt be arse to set teh wheel up.. to much beer last night and a bad head.. urgh..!! Will get that time down by about 15\20 sec's

Comment

Originally posted by mid
      There's vastly superior, and VASTLY superior, though. Surely he should be easily winning the 8-12 point races I've given him a chance with, at least, rather than just running himself off the road every other time he tries to pass anyone?
      Even in a VASTLY superior car that goes off the track on every corner will still probably win by a massive margin, and as it's only the easy money I'm arsed about I'm not fussed what it does during the race as long as it comes first

I've found its completely useless when in an evenly matched car, so I've never gone for the b-spec points, just use it for netting the cash on those long dull races without having to do the donkey work
      Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 01-04-2005, 14:48.

Comment

That car is standard unlocked in the japanese GT4 - I picked the challenge from a fresh game start. If it isn`t in the PAL one let me know and I`ll change the car.

David I`ll take you up on that offer soon cos I want the PAL version so I can use the Peugeot 905, but cba to do all the races again.

Comment

SonicMarmalade - 1m54.971s

Thats a wheel lap for me. Finding it really hard to adjust after playing GPL so much on a wheel because the response is awful. Should be a lot more time there.

Comment

just had a quick test, and theres only one thing to say really.

you bastard....that car/track combination is impossible

Comment

MonkeyWrench - 1.55.802

Comment

Ok. Trying out stuff on PAL GT4, and because I can read what all the menus say, I`ve just sussed what the hell was going wrong for me. I`ve played all of GT4 so far with the control set to "novice". Adjusted it to "simulation", and now the car feels awful different. So please consider my winning time from the last round to be a 1m27.585s I jsut set in the RX7 within 10-15 laps rather than the faster Celica lap. Gloves are off now d00ds. Anyone else with JAP gt4 get a translation and also alter this if you hadn`t already - it explains the missing half-seconds because now the car actually "steers".

Comment

I don't want to poo poo this whole challenge thing as it is great fun and I really enjoyed the first 2 rounds but...

I'm really not liking GT4 anymore. It really is boring me to tears now. It's sad as I'm a huge racing fan but 2 things put the cap on it for me. Firstly the last challenge. I felt getting the lap right was a lot to do with luck at times and bouncing over curbs really didn't punish you as much as it should do.

GTR has been the major factor though. Playing it on the PC with the xbox pad and then playing GT4 is just embarrasing.

I will try and get a lap in this week but my hearts just not in it.

Comment

I can now provide well monied saves for the PAL, Japanese and American versions.

I have a 100% Japanese with all the cars.

I can create a 100% PAL version with money and the license and mission cars so at least you can do any race. I can provide any car but trading them does not put them into the arcade (I have a save with all the 730 PAL cars at 0 miles but they are not in the arcade).

For the American version I can provide money and the license cars plus the same deal as PAL on the other cars (all no mileage). I hope to see if I can create a Mission Hall code for the American version if I can get it to work with a Codebreaker.

Comment

Bassman ... 1:55.768 ... Shelby Cobra 427 67

PAL version using automatic gears, TCS and ASM on. Used the Dualshock 2.

I don't actually believe that lap. Everything seemed to come right. I have a replay. I could have gone faster in places but to get everything strung together OK is not worth any further grief.
                      Last edited by Bassman; 02-04-2005, 01:25.

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay
                        I don't want to poo poo this whole challenge thing as it is great fun and I really enjoyed the first 2 rounds but...

I'm really not liking GT4 anymore. It really is boring me to tears now. It's sad as I'm a huge racing fan but 2 things put the cap on it for me. Firstly the last challenge. I felt getting the lap right was a lot to do with luck at times and bouncing over curbs really didn't punish you as much as it should do.

GTR has been the major factor though. Playing it on the PC with the xbox pad and then playing GT4 is just embarrasing.

I will try and get a lap in this week but my hearts just not in it.
                        agree 100% if GTR hadn't come out now I would probably enjoyed GT4 much more. You've copied my quote of a fortnight ago;

Originally posted by davidholliss
                        embarresses GT4 in every way really doesn't it. Certainly set the standard for future driving games.
                        Will PM you BeeJay about GTR when I get 5 mins.

Back to GT4, gonna do both leaderboards now, honest.

Almost forgot, got 1:58.433 this morning and that took some doing tbh.

Comment

Points Table after 3 rounds

1. SonicMarmalade ... 50 pts (20+10+20)
                          2. The Space Cowboy .... 45 pts (15+15+15)
                          3. Ravon ... 34 pts (2+20+12)
                          4. MonkeyWrench ... 32 pts (12+12+8 )
                          5. David Holliss ... 28 pts (10+8+10)
                          6. Fuddle ... 14 pts (5+2+7)
                          7. winky ... 13 pts (8+5+0)
                          8. Kubrick ... 12 pts (0+7+5)
                          9. Superstarbeejay ... 11 pts (7+4)
                          10. Link ... 10 pts (4+6+0)
                          11. Rossco ... 7 pts (0+1+6)
                          12. Bassman ... 6 pts (3+0+3)
                          13. Razu ... 6 pts (6+0+0)
                          14. Paradigm ... 4 pts (0+0+4)
                          15. yesteryeargames ... 3 pts (0+3+0)
                          16. Mid ... 2 pts (1+0+1)
                          17. Kizzycrew ... 2 pts (0+0+2)

Points per round; 1st ... 20, 2nd ... 15, 3rd ... 12, 4th ... 10, 5th ... 8, 6th ... 7, 7th ... 6, 8th ... 5, 9th ... 4, 10th ... 3, 11th ... 2, 12th ... 1

Comment

Had a couple of attempts this morning, still miles away from getting a half decent lap:

MonkeyWrench...1.54.924

EDIT: scratch that...

MonkeyWrench...1.53.694
                            Last edited by MonkeyWrench; 02-04-2005, 11:16.

Comment

First lap with the wheel for this one..

Ravon...154.969...Shelby Cobra 427 67

Then a

Ravon...154.888...Shelby Cobra 427 67
                              and thats with twatting the wall

Ravon...153.652.....Shelby Cobra 427 67
                              Still hitting the wall .. pos
                              Last edited by Ravon; 02-04-2005, 12:22.

Comment

actually, its not as hard as i first thought.

i can deffinately get another second off that, so i expect lots of times below 1.50 from certain people.

Comment

Working...
                                X