Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matchmaking Updates and Stat Reset (Today, 04/05/2005, should be the day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakeway
    You dont need to DL anything its just on the matchmaking list.
    I realised that once I turned my Xbox off. Too many auto updates and downloads making me think this would be an auto update as well.

I logged on quick around 23:30 last night and saw my stats had been reset, but I've yet to play any games.

Comment

The words "utter" and "****e" come to mind.

If Bungie can't be arsed fixing the standby glitch, then I can't be arsed playing Matchmaking. A few of us at GHZ tried last night... **** me, pointless.

I'm sticking to custom games from now on.

Comment

so you still got standbyed ?

Comment

I believe Bungie are saying it is a hardware design flaw about which they can do no more than they have already. ****ing dicks. Back to Spike Alley for me.

Comment

People can standby, but only for something like two or three seconds. I've heard a couple of people complain about it being used by others to go straight from arming the bomb to planting it, things like that that. Not encountered it myself - did you actually have standby used against you, Hank, or were you just taken to the blue screen while somebody quit out of the game?

Comment

i dont think they could stop it - only make the standbying less worthwhile - dunno how they were doing that but I havent come accross anyone standbying since the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                I believe Bungie are saying it is a hardware design flaw about which they can do no more than they have already. ****ing dicks. Back to Spike Alley for me.
                Come on, you can't blame Bungie for some cheating wankers. Standby cheating is only possible because of how good Bungie's net code is. Seriously, one method of cheating before the update was simple to yank out your network cable. You could then move around and then plug the cable back in and you would warp position.

Don't blame bungie, blame the cheaters and leave bad feedback.

Comment

I thought this might be useful since the matchmaking playlists have been updated:

Halo 2 Xbox Live Matchmaking Playlists

Comment

Originally posted by E. Randy Dupre
                    People can standby, but only for something like two or three seconds. I've heard a couple of people complain about it being used by others to go straight from arming the bomb to planting it, things like that that. Not encountered it myself - did you actually have standby used against you, Hank, or were you just taken to the blue screen while somebody quit out of the game?
                    I was playing with Singho, Mood and TommyG and they'll all agree we were being standbyed. First time it happened, when I reconnected, my shield was down to zero and I was dead before I knew what had happened. It kept happening. Repeatedly. And no one quit. Then they told us that we weren't even good enough to be standbyed against.

I turned it off and played Burnout instead.

Comment

wankers!

Comment

Yeah, that sounds like the same thing then. A couple of seconds of blue screen, followed by a sign that somebody else was still playing for those couple of seconds.

Comment

I played this for a bit last night and it's good to see that this game has just as many flaws now as it did before the auto update, maps and playlist changes.

Comment

Anyone on Live 2nite?

Comment

Working...
                            X