No announcement yet.

BF2 - tech discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got mine running reasonably okay now. (aside from some splutters at the start of a match)

- I'm running the beta NVidia drivers from the BF2 DVD (the very latest NVidia.com drivers break video playback on my system for some reason).

- Res - 1680x1050, Lighting - Medium, Anti Aliasing - Off, everything else on High.

- Running 1gb system RAM and a GeForce 6800 GT 256mb.

The menus are still totally broken though. Does anyone else find they end up with lot of zero ping servers? And when the browser tries to display those it slows down to a ridiculous pace...

Oh and I also avoid the 64 player games. 32 seems to the best balance of speed and map size.

Comment

I've noticed the masses of 0 ping servers. How annoying is it when you sort by ping and have to spend about 30 seconds fighting the menu lag to scroll down to the proper ones? They really need to sort the UI out, it must be coded horrendously.

Comment

what processor you running it with to get 1600x1050? and what fps are you achieving?

i have mine on 1280x1040, everything on high except lighting which is on medium and 4xFSAA, getting good enough fps but i might turn fsaa to see if it smooths it out even more

some more screens
        Attached Files
        Last edited by John Beaulieu; 28-06-2005, 21:49.

Comment

WOW, just upped my Ram to 1gb and installed the Omega drivers for my Rad, gone from low to medium with NO lag at all

Comment

Omega drivers better than the latest catalysts?

Comment

btw Kotatsu - what i did is change my ingame browser settings (ticked ranked and not populated) ... now my browser hasn't crashed, and it speeds it up

since i only use the find ip function so its all good

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF
                WOW, just upped my Ram to 1gb and installed the Omega drivers for my Rad, gone from low to medium with NO lag at all
                Which Omega drivers have you installed, the latest ones based on catalyst 5.6?

Comment

Yes the latest ones, used driver cleaner first though

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                    Omega drivers better than the latest catalysts?
                    they certainley are for me

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                      what processor you running it with to get 1600x1050? and what fps are you achieving?

i have mine on 1280x1040, everything on high except lighting which is on medium and 4xFSAA, getting good enough fps but i might turn fsaa to see if it smooths it out even more
                      The frame rate in Battlefield is really all over the place for me. When it's running properly, - not thrashing the hard disk, spluttering, or lagging.. then I get 60fps. But that doesn't happen much.

My system is a 3ghz P4 , running a 6800 GT 256mb with a gig of system RAM.

Comment

I thought it was the lag that's got me but now I am not so sure. Offline the game runs reasonably well but online it's a stuttering mess, sometimes on 16 player servers as well! For the record I am running P4 2.4ghz, 1 gig RAM, FX5900. Any suggestions?

Just remembered I am on the default 'low' settings and 800 x 600 as well!
                        Last edited by neemo; 29-06-2005, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
                          The frame rate in Battlefield is really all over the place for me. When it's running properly, - not thrashing the hard disk, spluttering, or lagging.. then I get 60fps. But that doesn't happen much.

My system is a 3ghz P4 , running a 6800 GT 256mb with a gig of system RAM.
                          Hi!

Have you turned off EAX?

C_S

Comment

ARRRRGG!!! I can't even play now for some reason?

It keeps giving me a "The server has rejected the connection" message whenever I try to connect!

It's been fine since I got it, it's just today it's started doing this, has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Yeah, I usually restart my machine and it sorts out the problem.

Comment

If you are having stuttering problem the chances are its nothing to do with video or memory. Try disabling your sound card completely and retest. If you are using onboard sound chips like realtek they are processor intensive and will cause the judders set the hardware accel to lowest in windows and set to software mode with low quality sound. Upgrade the soundcard drivers to the latest version also. Creative have done some specials in the latest drivers thats worth it alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X