No announcement yet.

The great Xbox LIVE collaboration!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought it yesterday for ?4.99 from HMV- they said they have sent it out- so I should have it tomorrow!

I hope to see some people online!

Comment

sorry to poo poo but I picked this up many months ago in the game sale after hearing good things about it. I really wanted to enjoy it but quite frankly it's awful and not a patch on f-zero. Why don't you play something like MotoGP 2 which is superb with a good gang of people online.

IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by superstarbeejay
        I really wanted to enjoy it but quite frankly it's awful and not a patch on f-zero. Why don't you play something like MotoGP 2 which is superb with a good gang of people online.

IMHO
        i think this'll be a thread devoted to underloved LIVE gaming, every couple of months a new cheap title to play with online?? motogp2 for next time perhaps?

Comment

Good Luck

Tried a similar thing... :/ Although, ill be gettin this tommorow.

How many racers at one time on live?

Comment

Think its 4 player on live.

Comment

I'm becoming resigned to the fact that this is going to be a love-it-or-loathe-it game. I love it, but then I've currently got the free time that's required of it - you have to memorise every single little kink in the courses in order to get your craft lined up for them. Like I just said elsewhere, the last game that asked me to rely on my memory to this sort of extent was Psyvariar Revision. If you're not prepared to dedicate some significant time to learning the track layouts and how to handle the craft, you're probably better off buying something less demanding.

Comment

after doing a few races I've got the hang of it a bit more. It really reminds me of star wars pod racer for some reason

Comment

I think that's obviously where they took their inspiration from. The Mata Wei Dam track is totally Tatooine - the desert setting, the overhanging rocks, the huge, crowd-filled stadium. Other tracks also have similarities to those in Episode 1 Racer - the forest/swamp one, the missile silo/city one, etc. It's a far better game, though - Episode 1 Racer suffered from having some corners which were literally impossible to get around without crashing, something which was a huge problem on some of the busier tracks in the N64 version, where the frame rate would drop so far that any notion of control simply went out of the window.

The handling feels a lot like the Star Wars game, too - the way that the back end swinging out on turns feels like a pendulum. At least, it does when you're racing in the cockpit view. I find that the chase cam in this suffers from the same problem as the equivalent in Ridge Racer - there's no real sensation of the craft visually reacting in the way that it feels to be reacting in first-person. But maybe that's just me. Whatever, the cockpit view is absolutely superb.

Comment

I received it a few days ago and upon playing it yesterday I was " This game is amazing- the graphics blow my mind! "

It's criminal that this game wasn't hyped and talked about- the whole game is AAA imo! The interface is clear precise and inviting. The actual game is deep and a joy to play- with controls that take time to master but are still clear to beginners.
                    I love the graphics in this game. The artists have created exceptional exciting worlds and the crafts-characters etc... all look fantastic. Everything has a hi-res crisp sheen to it- it really is one of the best looking Xbox games!

I got it for ?5 sealed " A total bargain " - I recommend this game to all racing fans!

Comment

come on people, what more of a testimony do you need!

Comment

I`d be interested to see who`s playing with the shake cam on. I much prefer to have it turned on, the sensation of speed and power is incredible but recently to aid with laptimes I`ve been turning it off.

Comment

its bizzare how slow it feels when you turn it off

Comment

Working...
                          X