No announcement yet.

Ridge Racer: Hi-spec - Original Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"hey ive got it all on camera so you'll watch it later huh? ur the greatest" in the most annoying voice ever does grate after a while, i have to admit to smiling the first time i played after i put it on, remembering the cheesiness of the "commentator"

Comment

just an update, im not quite as qucik as u guys but ive shaved 3 seconds off my best lap time and am down to a best of 0"58"951, my best 3 lapper is a 3"03"779, im getting better tho

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
        "hey ive got it all on camera so you'll watch it later huh? ur the greatest" in the most annoying voice ever does grate after a while, i have to admit to smiling the first time i played after i put it on, remembering the cheesiness of the "commentator"
        His Ridge Racer 2/Ridge Racer Revolution quotes were better.

"Talking your time aren't you? What's wrong? Engine Trouble?"

Always love that. In RR2 the criteria for getting a good start is incredibly harsh so he says that an awful lot. In RRR he's much more lenient.

Classic RRR quote:

"Ha ha, you're too slow" - says it all

Not that he says that to me of course

Comment

gawd not played this for ages

jus dusted it off an on first go managed a 1:01:54 but I really strugglin to get it to initiate PowerSlides properly :/

I gonna have to cain this now, gotta get back into doin laps under a minute at least.

Comment

hehe it took me a while to get it all hooked up with the slides smeghead, they're only just coming back to me properly now and its 20:80 to nailing a slide and losing 20 km/h getting it wrong, iv eno idea how these guys r getting 57"xxx tho, must try harder

Comment

gettin there now...

I determined to beat the 1 minute mark

current best lap 1:00:106
              best for 3 laps 3:03:645

I'll get there

Comment

im really poor at doing all 3 laps well, im also crap at doing the last turn if doing a good lap but il sial thru it if im on a bad or mediocre lap, very annoying

Comment

have put bit more effort in, not sure I'll be able to top these myself

1 lap: 0:59:122
                  3 laps: 2:58:168

Comment

What technique are you guys using to initiate the slides.

Remember in original Ridge Racer for Playstation (and all arcade versions) a quick press of the brake whilst turning, then straight back onto the accelerator is the best method.

For later home games Namco changed the system whereby only lifting off the accelerator, starting the turn, then reapplying the gas was the best method but try this in Ridge Racer and you tend to lose a bit of speed. Conversely, try to use the brake method in RRR and you also lose speed.

Comment

Ah, like this challenge, dusting of my red disc this afternoon. Later

Comment

Didnt get a chance to play last night. Brought it into work though so I'll play it at lunchtime and post my times.

As for powerslides, i start to turn, then tap brake then back onto accelerate, it just drifts round perfectly.

Yummy

Comment

Crap!!

I knew I wanted to play a certian game the other nit!!

And I was out all last nite!!

I will have all these time licked, promise!!

As for good techs, I find that tapping the barke and sliding for as long as poss with NO tyre schreching noise and you come out of the corner at full revs!!

The the com says- 'your one genius of a driver you gotta teach me!!'

powersliding is the key even if you know you donthave t on certian corners.

Achiving more speed coming out of the slide than before you started is the way!

Good Luck!

PS - C', How Inital D comin on??

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeracer
                            PS - C', How Inital D comin on??
                            Pretty good. I managed to beat Bunta a couple of weeks back so I I'm going through the harder versions of each opponent. Up to Keisuke on Usui.

I'm also trying to get a time under 3:00 on Akina. Nowhere near though

Comment

Wahay!

Just spent my lunch hour at work playing.

Are you ready for these times kids?

Best lap - 56.846

Best 3 laps - 2.51.819

Bring it on!

Gotta agree with ridgeracer about the slides, no screeching, just sliding. That's the key.

Comment

You dam right!!

My all time fav game (hence name!!) and when I get in (this time) those times will perish!!

This is for NORMAL MODE on the PAL Hi Spec disk right??

Also (SPAM) I have a PAL RR4 boxset for sale with Jogcon) PM if you fancy havng a go at these times yourself!!

I wouldnt mind setting up a challenge for the TT track in the first Ridgeracer as its more of a challenge and really seperates the times then....

Anyone up for this??

Anyone gonna lend me the PAL ver ( I have JAP only ) as I know most peeps will be usin PAL

Comment

Working...
                                X