No announcement yet.

Ridge Racer: Hi-spec - Original Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jp ver. Which is the original mode?, I entered the first option on top of the three.

T.T SHORT RED CAR

BEST LAP: 0.53.420
    3 LAPS: 2.41.143

Comment

Are we playing the same game

Best lap: 0.50.624
      3 laps: 2.40.032

Comment

the 2nd option is original on the PAL one, also dont know if ther r any speed differences between the 2 versions?

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
          the 2nd option is original on the PAL one, also dont know if ther r any speed differences between the 2 versions?
          I saw now that the differences is 50 / 60 Hz screen mode.

I race in car view, not 3rd person view, its the best.

I believe I have qualified the charts.

Comment

i meant the speed differences betwwen the jap and pal versions , just like if a 2:55 on PAL was equivalent to a 2:51 on the jap it wouldnt be equal!

Comment

i meant the speed differences betwwen the jap and pal versions , just like if a 2:55 on PAL was equivalent to a 2:51 on the jap it wouldnt be equal!
              I don't have a clue

Do we have any other NTSC/J times?

Comment

So what track and car are we using for this challenge then, normal or turbo? Managed a 54.122 on turbo with the blue car on the pal version.

Comment

hodge if ur playing on the original ridge its red car short track ir ur on hi spec click original mode in the menu, thats what we r playing

Comment

Heres my attempt at the original mode challenge:

58:949

2:55:324

I don't seem to be able to break the 58 second barrier... any tips?

Comment

ive got no idea i cant even got sub 58"9 so i obviously suck, i think its a trick with sliding out the corners in a way that theres no skidding noise and u get out the corner at over 210km/h allegedly, as i say i suck

Comment

ive got no idea i cant even got sub 58"9 so i obviously suck, i think its a trick with sliding out the corners in a way that theres no skidding noise and u get out the corner at over 210km/h allegedly, as i say i suck
                        I've managed to come out of the hair pin a couple of times with that sort of speed (212 momentarily), but I can't do it consistantly. You gain about 5 km/h until the jump doing that.

The key might be tapping the brake just the right amount. I'm not sure how important turning in early/tight is either, but the tighter I turn, the slower I end up coming out of the corner.

Comment

Had a quick bash, managed a 58.491 lap Trick is, pull yourself into the corner dab brake, when you feel the car start to slide, put accel back on and pull the oppisite way straight of so it comes out the slide quick. You only need to slide for bends one, four and the last.

Comment

right, was on this for a couple of hours last night

RR4 - Hi Spec Disc - Original Mode, Red Car, Short Track, PAL verion

Best Lap 57.264

Best 3 Laps 2.55.535

I still think i can go a bit faster too

Comment

her is a Huge diffrence between the NTSC versionand the PAL version.

I wil have a go tonight on my JAP version to prove what a difrence the to versions produce.

As for technique, look in the eairlier ots about entering the corner with litle or no skid noise then keep it straight and exit the corner and a higher kph then when you first entered.

Hope that made sense...

Comment

Originally posted by ridgeracer
                                her is a Huge diffrence between the NTSC versionand the PAL version.

I wil have a go tonight on my JAP version to prove what a difrence the to versions produce.

As for technique, look in the eairlier ots about entering the corner with litle or no skid noise then keep it straight and exit the corner and a higher kph then when you first entered.

Hope that made sense...
                                Great give me some times I can beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X