• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry i couldn't join you guys tonight

my copy of graw was at work

i'm looking forward to more graw and the same dream team on rainbow six

Comment

Not to worry chopemon, we're still having tons of fun with this so there'll be plenty more opportunities for you to join in

My ears are still ringing from running into that sniper in the tower.

It's all clear here... Capcom's behind me (for a change)... up the stairs... this is almost text book.... who needs dots and his sniper rif.... BANG!!

And dots' comedy death cry even had me laughing whilst playing Vegas after we'd finished. Another classic moment!

Comment

Originally posted by tbm
        shall be available for comedy deaths and the odd headshot on bad guys...
        well hell, i kept my word

was good to see robbie in the mix, & also that spags got a game without his connection falling over like it was the other night.

Comment

Yup was good to get to know the team so to speak, still a bit trigger happy but Im learning

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
            Yup was good to get to know the team so to speak, still a bit trigger happy but Im learning
            I thought you were really good! In fact the whole gang played a very tactical game last night, and Mr Vanpeebles presence with his M60 was warmly recieved!

Spags well and truly had the bit in his teeth, and unleashed fire death at every oppertunity.

TBM's comments of "2 scotsmans, a welshman and an "English Norwegian" sat down to play a game....." had me laughing too.

I think that Vegas will be natural ground for us now. Bring it on! I hoope we get chapter 3, but playing vegas again, I now realise that this is going to be SUPERB coop.

As for the update, I think it has improved things. We played 7 on all the normal maps without any issues, but the jungle map still can't do more than 5/6.

Comment

Having looked for info about the update it was supposed to be a load of bug fixes for glitches and ranked games issues, as well as adding the new achievements.

But I'd say it's done something to the AI too, as last night the tangos were acting in ways that they don't usually and catching us by surprise.

The most noticeable bit was when they stormed the stairs to the rooftop building on the Shipping Port map (and even flanked us on the roof). That isn't the usual - me and Spags were having a hell of a time being pinned down by enemy fire from what seemed like all sides.

Then they got Spags and I ended blowing myself up - I still have no idea how I armed the grenade launcher

Whatever they've done, it certainly keeps the game varied

Comment

Sorry I missed it. By the time I finally got on Live last night you'd all gone. Ah well - next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                  The most noticeable bit was when they stormed the stairs to the rooftop building on the Shipping Port map (and even flanked us on the roof). That isn't the usual - me and Spags were having a hell of a time being pinned down by enemy fire from what seemed like all sides.

Then they got Spags and I ended blowing myself up - I still have no idea how I armed the grenade launcher
                  That was awesome, could see over the top of the stairs that there were 3 badguys waiting and could see you heading towards it all and was yelling "Spatial its swarming, back off man!!" not realising I still had my mic off. Seeing you steaming in completely disregarding my warnings filled me with enough confidence to run in too..and get blasted. The stairs where knee deep in bodies, with us on the top of the pile

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                  Spags well and truly had the bit in his teeth, and unleashed fire death at every oppertunity.
                  Well, its nice of you to say that but we all know I suck at this man
                  Fav moment for me was at the start of the treasury map, came face to face with the enemy and realised I was out of ammo, paniced and then figured all I could do was hit the ground - thankful somebody had my back and capped them for me. Whoever did that, you my hero Its nice to be saved instead of naded for a change Got onto the bridge and then managed to nad myself

Its always fun watching Dots blowing up cars tho Nice one fellas!
                  Last edited by spagmasterswift; 24-10-2006, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
                    Fav moment for me was at the start of the treasury map, came face to face with the enemy and realised I was out of ammo, paniced and then figured all I could do was hit the ground - thankful somebody had my back and capped them for me. Whoever did that, you my hero Its nice to be saved instead of naded for a change
                    That was me. I saw you faffing around, and I couldn't get a shot on him, but then you hit the deck and I got a clear shot! It was quite intense! Good that you ducked!

I agree on the explosions. Plenty of boys playing with their toys last nigh! kaaaboomb!

Comment

i`m with spatial on the new enemy AI, those guys had me nailed on the roof of the shipping port robbie had my back covered on the left side, but they STILL swarmed up to take me out by sneaking up the right side when others had spatial & spags pinned down with heavy fire. continuing to add to the game is excellent, although i`ll miss laughing like a drain @ the b0rked pink gun on the APC in coffee plantation...

spags & robbie are very welcome additions to the team, we must have at least 12 players who are lethal at this game now ! also means we have new additions to an already excellent online community. in the future, if its not Rainbow Six Vegas 1 night, it`ll be a GRAW session instead, and that suits me 110%. as vanpeebles said last night, until the 360, online gaming was`nt his bag, but with online co-op, the addiction is set, and i agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                        That was me. I saw you faffing around, and I couldn't get a shot on him, but then you hit the deck and I got a clear shot! It was quite intense! Good that you ducked!
                        Looks like I owe you a 'life debt' then fella

It was going from using a heavy rifle with loads of ammo to that gun that only holds 20 bullets but you can zoom in twice - man I'm so technical - that caught me out. I know I should try practicing but its so much more intense and fun when I only half have a clue what I'm doing.

Was a shady moment at the start of the Dockyard when I unleashed that heavy rifle off into the distance (just to get a feel for it) and managed to hit two enemies out of blind luck. Then realised that some of the team where up there too and I'd seemingly missed them by inches

That's when I decided to switch back to the more manageable guns >_<

Comment

I laughed quite a bit reading all your comments, I must admit its a great laugh playing in the team and the commentary is spot on.

Pissing myself laughing at spags ducking then CS capping the guy - total teamwork guys

The online play is defo immense and so addictive, roll on R6 vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
                            The online play is defo immense and so addictive, roll on R6 vegas.
                            It is good, innit? GRAW is one of my 360 highlights.

Comment

anyone up for some co-op games this week ? either campaign or territory, i`m not fussed, i just need ma fix

Comment

It should come as no surprise that I'm up for it

Name the date and I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X