No announcement yet.

Midtown Madness 3 - Who else is looking forward to this LIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if its regionless but i hear Currys are selling it a week early with VAT off ?32.99. I cant confirm this just read it on rllmuk.

Comment

dixons have it in for 32.99

and its not region free

camps

Comment

Just picked this up from dixons and have been playing it online for abit and first impressions are it`s rarther good. Checkpoint racing is for me the best mode upto yet which is straight racing. Also grab the gold is quite good where someone has the gold and you have to get it, person who has it the longest wins. Others are hunter wheres theres one cop and when the cop tags someone they also become a cop, etc until theres one left, didn`t recon much to this mode though. Theres also tag where the person whos it at the end is the loser. On the lag side there isn`t any by what i`ve played and this is with all americans. Lobbys are good and easy to use and hosting games is easy enough as well. Single player is just basic stuff but playable. Graphics are quite nice with pretty decent car models and the lighting is also very good. Some decent cars in there as well with a corvette Z6, lotus esprit, audi tt just to name a few. Worth picking up if you got live, if not it`s only a renter.

Comment

Hunter's terribly tough on newbies like myself... I'm so **** at the game I didn't catch a single person last night. All the American MM3 veteran's had this to say:

"you suck man"

"huh, fasty sucks"

My pride was hurt so I went back to MotoGP2 for a while.

Comment

Capture the Gold is the best mode but it depends on the number of players and the overall skill level. I find hunter requires too much understanding of the cities and their subways, shortcuts and jumps so its more an expert game (unless the map is restricted).

Its also sometimes actually alot more hectic and fun to put a restriction on the cars as well... which is rare because everyone wants to drive the insanely fast cars. Reccomend playing something like Tag in teams with just Renault R5 or Mini Coopers... played that last night for about 2 hours and it was superb.

I think its a great game online, not too serious but good for either a long session or just a quick blast... plus I would be interested to see what content comes out for it in the future, cars is a no-brainer but some more diverse modes of play would be excellent.

Anyway one of my favourite games so far on XBL...

Comment

sadly it wouldn't let me join any game you were in Nonny - said network performance would be poor then when i pressed Yes to continue it said game was no longer in session --- very annoying

camps

Comment

I just picked this game up yesterday so I'll probably be playing this on and off live for most of the weekend.

Comment

Had my first online game lastnight. Played hunter, tag and the rabbit one.

Hunter - Lots of fun, playing hide and seek with the cops and upon capture chasing down my former speedster friends. Very exciting with a suprising amout of strategy and teamwork involved.

Best moment was when I came across a prey who had parked in a place that was simply impossible to get (up a ramp, over a raised kerb like barrier) to with the police car as the car was too heavy to ride over the curb barrier After much bashing I was joined by a fellow hunter and I began to smash into him hoping to provide enough lift to get over the curb..unfornately it was not to be and all I managed to do was knock the other hunter of the ramp. We were then joined by another hunter and continued our desperate capture attempt..and after a few attempts we managed it. Over the kerb he went and the prey made a desperate attempt to escape..and landed on the roof of my car as I had positioned myself for just such an event :-)

Tag - simply game of tag. Quite fun but i was elimnated in the first round *sob*

Rabbit Exciting but it requires quite a bit of knowledge of the cities if you want to get away.

Was utterly owned by a Yank named Carbollic. Played about 10 times and he won easily 9/10 in a full game. He was pulling of the most amazing turns and stunts while people were mearly inches behind him..and what was worse was he was talking us through it as he did it. A running commentary on such shockingly brilliant driving

Gold Grab the gold and run to the hideout...quite fun only played for a few mins as it was now 12.30am :-(

Overall a very exciting, fun and interesting experience, loads of game modes and no lag or slowdown.

However i did note a few issues - games set to the full map and fastest cars are too hard or easy (depending which side your on), lack of servers (that should improve after the official pal release) and the voice comms seemed to be a bit iffy.

Comment

I hate how on the team games to mute and unmute the other team you have to press the left thumbstick in. You can easily do that by accident too often

Comment

Just got this today so will be online tonight.

If anybody would like to help me out and take me through the ropes a bit then please add my gamertag (below). Hopefully a few NTSC chaps will be on and we can get a good game up and running.

Will be online at around 8.

Cheers
                      TR

Comment

Roost.

Yeh I am always doing that mute thing by accident but I have learnt to keep and eye out for the walkie talkie icon at this stage so I know when I have done it.

As for the game... I love it online and it has huge replay value. If you can try out CTG and Tag in Teams on the whole city, 4 on 4... its superb if your all around the same skill level.

Got the singleplayer 100% beat at this stage now as well (two secret cars) so online is all I will be using it for from now on.

Comment

Right lads should have MTM3 in the next few days so will give you a game.

Add the n00b (thats me) as i only got on live yesterday.

XBL tag = KingMike1

Comment

Does this support split screen or anything?

Comment

nope - not Live anyways

it supports Live and Linkup - not even sure if it supports splitscreen offline

camps

Comment

Yup was playin 2 player offline yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X