No announcement yet.

Initial D - Times and Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm gonna get on Akagi and Akina tonight to guys!

Need to improve drastically on these two.

Comment

Just put together a good TT on Akina downhill/day/dry -

3' 00' 300

With the Honda Integra type R (DC2) route A - completed. Though later on i opted for the spoiler.

My Akagi time is - 2' 24' 574 - downhill/day/dry, with the same car.

Comment

Initial D is one of the few games that makes me sweat, am I alone?

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
          Just put together a good TT on Akina downhill/day/dry -

3' 00' 300
          Best time here so far, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
            playing this game makes me squirm and lean around all over the place, i must look like a nutter playing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
              playing this game makes me squirm and lean around all over the place, i must look like a nutter playing it.

Comment

anyone gonna actually make a proper table?

a couple of times

akina downhill - 3:04.937
                Akagi downhill - 2:26.3XX

those were both in arcade mode though, havent got any TT times yet, so i guess i can go faster without a car in my way at times.

Comment

Definitely not alone there mate. It's soooo physical.

Driving with the wheel has become a workout. I'm glad people don't feel compelled to come and watch me play it as I must look like a proper nutcase! lol

EDIT/ Just wondering if you can do a turbo/boost start in the PS2 version?
                  Anyone know how?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
                    EDIT/ Just wondering if you can do a turbo/boost start in the PS2 version?
                    Anyone know how?

Cheers.
                    The boost start was removed from Arcade Stage ver.2 so probably isn't present in Special Stage. certainly I've never been able to do it.

Comment

yeah the start off boost was taken out for ver2
                      however if you shift right you can still accelerate quite fast off the line - check the vids online

btw my ver1 arcade Akina DH time is 2'58'xxx and seeing as ver2/special stage is "faster" just wait till i get my hands on the gam....i cant wait

Comment

My best time on Akina so far

Akina Downhill dry/day
                        3.00.182 - Trueno GT-APEX[AE86]

Comment

Got soooo frustrated last night, I could not improve on my Akagi time of 2:28.5XX in the FC. I kept goofing up the first sector, which was very annoying. I know that I can take a good half second out of the last sector and a few tenths out of the 1st, need to make up the rest in the middle somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by Madbury
                            Got soooo frustrated last night, I could not improve on my Akagi time of 2:28.5XX in the FC. I kept goofing up the first sector, which was very annoying. I know that I can take a good half second out of the last sector and a few tenths out of the 1st, need to make up the rest in the middle somehow...
                            The first sector is crucial for the overall success and then it's all about building speed. You know the routine.

Comment

Yeah, After that tricky first sector it gets quite a lot easier. I know how to nail the hairpins at the end.

What I haven't worked out properly is that last right hand bend before one of the checkpoints, but after a whole series of right left bends which can be taken flat out if you get the line right. I've taken to dropping to fourth, but I'm sure there must be a line where I can maintain that top speed for a bit longer.

After the checkpoint there's a sharpish right, which also throws me off balance. I think I need to be braking as I go through or just after the checkpoint, which just feels alien somehow.

Comment

Yes you have to brake before the sharpish right and come down to 90-120 (don?t remember the exact speed) and then accelerate when through. And remember Don?t Hit The Sides! in that manoeuvre because it f**ks up the speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X