Phantasy Star Universe: Ambition of the Illuminus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUMIRE
    I just logged in with the EU GL, and I am now playing someones elses level 20 character lol.
    Report it to sega mate, what the the characters names? if possible create a forth character named after your e-mail address so the original owner can contact you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane
      Hmm I see, I was in universe 9. Was used to the beta when all universes had people in them. Oh well .
      i played the beta also, and you're right it was pretty full.

from reading the official PSU forums i've been picking up allot of posts concerning the low player population...apparently this has got quite chronic after gears of war released.

i think...well i hope...that once the EU players start logging in we'll see the community pick up in terms of numbers....then there's the japanese release coming dec 12...should add a few thousand more players.

Comment

Originally posted by SUMIRE
        Hmm, I dunno what to do now. Is my account hacked or something as I appear to be playing with someones else characters. I dunno if I should recreate new ones over the top now as all the slots are taken.
        That's ****ing drastic. What have Sega got running here??? :angry:

Phone them up pronto. It may be attaching EU GL's in application order to the US ones.... Which would be one of the worst things ever.

Comment

Hooray.
          Hunter's License secured.
          Had to change DNS to 4.2.2.1 before the ol' Xbox would make the connection to the server though. Bugger that is 'cause Live downloads dont work with that DNS.

Power levelled to level 3 already

[sings]Aint no stoppin' us now, we're on the move[/sings]

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
            That's ****ing drastic. What have Sega got running here??? :angry:

Phone them up pronto. It may be attaching EU GL's in application order to the US ones.... Which would be one of the worst things ever.
            Well i've been on phone on and off all day trying to sort this mess up.

Microsoft was a dead end, ended up speaking to some women that couldnt understand what i was saying..some call centre in pakistan i think. Basically clueless.

Spoke to Sega about it...said they would try find out more.

So yeah, I have a character called ESWAT lvl 20 with a room full of decorations and meseta.

Kind of pissed as I cant really risk playing it now.

I know for a fact this was a problem in the beta as it was patched to solve it. I remember logging in then and having someone elses character there.

Comment

Hop onto the official forums and PM ClumsyOrchid about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                Hop onto the official forums and PM ClumsyOrchid about it.
                Thanks!

I've finally managed to log in to that forum. I will give him a try.
                Last edited by SUMIRE; 24-11-2006, 13:44.

Comment

I should get round to adding some peeps to my friends list now, haven't played at all today.

Comment

just wonderd if i can pay by microsoft points to play this yet? i have already paid xbox live gold account? is it the same for ps2 and 360 version?
                    thanks

Comment

Option for that isn't up at the moment, only card.

Comment

seems like a very poor choice, im sure there are thousands of people like myself who would be happy to pay by microsoft points, oh well no PSU for me

Comment

I've played all 3 versions now. Graphically there isn?t much difference but I?ll break it down a bit.

Both the 360 and PC versions run at 60FPS while the PS2 version runs at 30FPS. The PC version is the best looking one if you have a good system because then you can turn the anti-aliasing on using your system settings, plus it?s got the option of 1280x1024 where as the 360 version is only 1280x720 (720p).

Also the backgrounds on the PC version are better. From what I?ve seen so far it doesn?t use that blur technique (can someone help me out with this because I?ve forgot what it?s called) where as the PS2 and 360 versions do.

Over all there isn?t much in it and I still think PSO looks better. Sonic Team have been very lazy with the 360 version but if you want to know which looks the best then it goes PC>360>PS2 just as expected.

Anyway it's a great game so stop reading this and get playing!

Comment

I'm playing this online with a mate and we're a bit stuck. We can't do any missions in the guardian guilds, and we're hopelessly underpowered for all the planets (level 10+ monsters.

The only level we can currently find is that first stage, but everything is woefully easy to kill. Where's all the missions that were in pso, surely, we don't have to keep on playing that same first stage until we're strong enough to tackle the others?

Comment

The missions are going to be added gradually with the content updates mate First one will be next week, with any luck, then you get to grind until Sega deem you worthy to get another Admittedly at the moment, the JP updates seem to come every couple of weeks so it may not be too bad.

You want to hit lvl 7/8 on the Colony before you start to tackle the Parum C runs.

If you want some help, a few of us are have reached some decent levels so give us a shout

Comment

I logged in a good 10 hours online last night and must say i'm enjoying it allot.

in fact i'm perplexed as to why this game has received such poor feedback from press and gamers alike.

graphically it's got a lovely clean look reminiscent of previous PSO's.....the cities and space ports are vibrant, colourful and full of those nice animated touches we see in most sonic team games. in fact the visuals give the world a real atmosphere and sense of place.

I especially love the my room concept where you can decorate and interact with your room robot like a sonic chao, feeding him stuff picked up on quests to boost stats and in turn getting him to make items for you. the ability to visit your friends rooms is also smart.

as for the missions, they're fairly standard PSO fare.....you kill lots of monsters on a linear path and get money and experience for it. perfect....wouldn't want it any other way myself. this simplicity is the bedrock of what makes PSO so accessible.

and one important point.....and this aplies to any online RPG, but moreso PSU.....the fun you'll have is directly proportional to the quality of the folk you play with.

PSU is a very social game....such that playing with arseholes will wreck the experience completely. On the flipside playing with cool people can elevate this game to a level of enjoyment that no other online game can match.

I hope more people will go out and support it so it's got a healthy future ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X