Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Evo Soccer 6 - Xbox 360 - NTSC-UK Knock Out - Winner is Johnno15!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not many matches tonight. Looks like the tourny went to pot as predicted. I originally wanted about 20 people but more poeple wanted to join and now look, 4 matches.

lol

Edit: Don't mind the guys that dropped out though because they let me know.
    Last edited by MarioMark; 06-11-2006, 20:49.

Comment

You gave us all week, like!

Didn't embarrass myself entirely in my match, which was unexpected! Pretty good game - I had a glorious chance to score one on one with the keeper not long after going one-nil down that could have changed everything! Saying that, good ol' Lehmann on my side saved me in about 10 of them against me

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills
        You gave us all week, like!

Didn't embarrass myself entirely in my match, which was unexpected! Pretty good game - I had a glorious chance to score one on one with the keeper not long after going one-nil down that could have changed everything! Saying that, good ol' Lehmann on my side saved me in about 10 of them against me
        Yeah I know we've got a week to get the matches in I just thought there would be more matches on the first night.

Sounds like you had a good match to mate. Infact all the matches sounded good tonight!

Comment

Played my Match against RobRoy aka KevSmith just now.

Result: Marmite NTSC Uk (Chelsea) 2 - 1 Kevsmith (Arsenal)

Pretty close game really, with the first half ending 0-0, both sides having a few chances in the rain. Arsenal started the stronger, but Chelsea found their feet after a while and had some decent efforts from the edge of the box, with Drogba puting a decent chance well wide. Henry also went close, diverting an angled shot across the keeper and past the post.

On to the second half and Arsenal broke the deadlock after a short free kcik was taken out wide and played in to the box to the on running Hleb who smashed in a close range effort that beat Cech at his near post and went high into the net. Chelsea didnt lose focus though and hit back quickly, Ashley Cole doing well down the left and playing a defence splitting pass to Drogba who had an age to decide what to do with it before finally slotting in a decent curled shot past the keeper into the corner of the net. Then minutes later a similar attack was started on the right, with Joe Cole playing short to Lampard, who drew two defenders and played a through ball to the angled run of Shevchenko. He showed no doubt in front of goal, taking a couple of touches then putting the ball high round the keeper with the outside of his boot and into the net from the edge of the box.

From there on in scrappy defending ensued from both sides, with heavy touches in the box and a couple of last minute blocks almost on the line from Arsenal, and some awful defending from Chelsea almost letting in Arsenal on a couple of occasions, only for last ditch tackles or shots over the bar ensuring Chelsea saw the game out victors.

Cheers for the game mate (thoroughly nice guy).
          Last edited by Marmite; 06-11-2006, 21:15.

Comment

Sorry, been away in Amsterdam for the weekend and only got back last night.

Pookmunki, you available for a game about 10pm tonight or tomorrow?

Comment

I've added my draw to my XBL list, but it's yet to be confirmed. I've also PM'ed him here and it's still unread. I really don't see what more I can do to be honest. I'd happilly play (and get spanked by) anyone

Comment

typo

Originally posted by Jusatsushi
                I've added my draw to my XBL list, but it's yet to be confirmed. I've also PM'ed him here and it's still unread. I really don't see what more I can do to be honest. I'd happilly play (and get spanked by) anyone
                I sent him a PM saying he's in the tourny because he was a reserve but it's still unread from 4th Nov.

If you don't get your match in mate then we'll have to get someone else for you. If no luck by Saturday then your through to 2nd Round by defualt
                Last edited by MarioMark; 07-11-2006, 10:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmite
                  Played my Match against RobRoy aka KevSmith just now.

Result: Marmite NTSC Uk (Chelsea) 2 - 1 Kevsmith (Arsenal)

Pretty close game really, with the first half ending 0-0, both sides having a few chances in the rain. Arsenal started the stronger, but Chelsea found their feet after a while and had some decent efforts from the edge of the box, with Drogba puting a decent chance well wide. Henry also went close, diverting an angled shot across the keeper and past the post.

On to the second half and Arsenal broke the deadlock after a short free kcik was taken out wide and played in to the box to the on running Hleb who smashed in a close range effort that beat Cech at his near post and went high into the net. Chelsea didnt lose focus though and hit back quickly, Ashley Cole doing well down the left and playing a defence splitting pass to Drogba who had an age to decide what to do with it before finally slotting in a decent curled shot past the keeper into the corner of the net. Then minutes later a similar attack was started on the right, with Joe Cole playing short to Lampard, who drew two defenders and played a through ball to the angled run of Shevchenko. He showed no doubt in front of goal, taking a couple of touches then putting the ball high round the keeper with the outside of his boot and into the net from the edge of the box.

From there on in scrappy defending ensued from both sides, with heavy touches in the box and a couple of last minute blocks almost on the line from Arsenal, and some awful defending from Chelsea almost letting in Arsenal on a couple of occasions, only for last ditch tackles or shots over the bar ensuring Chelsea saw the game out victors.

Cheers for the game mate (thoroughly nice guy).
                  lol yeh was a good game mate dont know what was going on that 2nd half with all the passes going astray :P

Will have to play you another time. get my revenge!!!!

Comment

Good to see some results coming in... should hopefully get my game played tonight!!

Comment

Im not in the tourny but anyone fancy a few games tonight?
                      tag=humandisease

Comment

had a real close game with TwistedG i won 1-0 thanks to some seaman style goalkeeping

cheers

Comment

My match with Sam McG was cancelled due to terrible lag, an absolute farce, my housemate is d/l on the wireless network and has gone out, had terrible live connection all day so not much i could do im afraid, agreed to forfiet match to Sam McG...fingers crossed next time will be ok, if not, il withdraw from the comp

Comment

going to have my match with stu in a min although im so screwed after seeing his ratings

Comment

Originally posted by yesteryeargames
                              had a real close game with TwistedG i won 1-0 thanks to some seaman style goalkeeping

cheers
                              OK mate. I've updated the scores.

Still gutted after my match. I was SO close to the next round!

There's always next season

Comment

OK just had my match with me losing 2-0

Was the right result, was definatly the weaker player so knew i would have to win on the break and the ammont of shots i fluffed up was unreal all one on one with the keeper to alot of them i took it around the keeper pressed shoot and the player played the ball backwardsft: and i can still miss an open goal and hit the crossbar grrr. wasnt supprised though as he is top of my friends list rankings, was good for me really as game will be gone in the next few days. well done stu and good luck

now just to reclaim my pride by annyilating johnny 15 and claiming my clown back mwhahahha im after blood this time bitch its personal

Comment

Working...
                                X