No announcement yet.

Gears of War: Co-op/Match Arranging Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is good with the torque, but he's better with the Boomshot! The Boom is a weapon I just can't handle, I'm awful with it, dunno how he managed to get so many double kills with it!

He was absolutely on fire yesterday, I knew that when Seany left and Boris joined because we held our own in a 2 vs 3 which I was so bloody happy with, just like you and Nem had early when it was 3 vs 2!
    Last edited by Jebus; 19-06-2007, 08:28.

Comment

Ditto mate, I'm fudding useless with the Boom, always seem to get the trajectory wrong everytime.

In anycase, same time this evening?

Comment

Whack me an invite if I'm about tonight pleash.

Comment

I'm probably gonna be on this again this afternoon about 2pm ish hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
            I want to declare Nembot the KING of the shotgun duel, he really is a shotty legend and about the only person I cannot beat in a 1 vs 1 duel...he got two of the best shotty kills I've ever seen on me today, but I didn't mind as they were sublime.
            That`s very kind of you to say so fella but everytime I came up against you and the host Lancer I may aswell have been running at you with my dick in my hand. There was one time where I fired just one shot at you and pressed A to roll away but I was already down, scary really.

Eventhough I was on a hiding to nothing for most of the games I`d forgotten that Gears can be so much fun, I really enjoyed that little session last night and playing with friends is definately where it`s at.

I`ll be on at 2pm Ad if you want to flirt me an invite, probably "appearing offline" though as usual!

Anyone else about later?

Comment

I will admit that since coming back to this game I've REALLY noticed the host advantage...because when it first came out myself and Windy were always playing co-op and multi together I was always the host because of his connection out in Cyprus, the trouble is that I've played as host SO much I literally cannot play the game if I'm not host, I can't compensate for the bullet lag because I've never had to for any length of time!!

Basically against you yesterday Nem I realised I just could not beat you in a shotty duel so I switched to the lancer and made sure I ALWAYS had an active reload for at least some of the clip.

Your shotty reflexes mate, they are just sublime! A couple of times you and I came face to face from nowhere, like we turned into each other and were a bit "WOAH!" but you were so quick, one swing (melee) and one shot to the head...very very impressive mate.

The shotty I don't feel gives as huge an advantage as the lancer, because they've upgraded it, if you have that lancer with even half an active reload and make sure you don't fire too high (so as to miss if you are roadie ran at) then you really aren't going down in a one on one. The shotty I feel is more random because even with host advantage it's such a quick battle that it's 50/50 a lot of the time, but my blind firing has gotten very good recently.

But yeah, that's why I went to the lancer after a while!! You were ****in me with the shotty!

Oh and yeah, I'll be at 2pm so I'll defo chuck you an invite.
              Last edited by Jebus; 19-06-2007, 12:08.

Comment

Cheers bleeders, usually i'm **** but i seem to be on a roll at the moment!!! You done me a few times mind

Comment

Nah, hats off to you mate, you couldn't miss yesterday! You were on your game, no doubt.

That's what I love about these NTSC gatherings, it does force you into learning the game properly and taking a few beatings before you find your feet and start stepping up your game, awesome stuff!

Itching to get out of the office and back on this now though.

Comment

I'll tell you what I love about NTSC gatherings...the fact that we're all about the same skill level, there is never any fear of an absolute whitewash because we're all at roughly the same level.

Just played for 3 hours straight with Windy and Nem again, all excellent games including the strangest glitch I've witnessed yet whereby it was 4 vs 4 and all but one of the locust left, leaving 4 vs 1, all of a sudden it just put Nembot on their team yet he could still talk to us and hear only us!!

Comment

Yeah, really enjoyed that, good fun.

I`ll be on in a little bit if anyone is about.

Comment

Yeah it was definately a good laugh. though i think i was getting annoying with the roadie run and shotgun kill. still, **** em

Comment

I had my first go on this last night. Had to leave suddenly as daughter was throwing a paddy but up to that point was really enjoying it, I even killed someone (not in real life). Comedy moment was when one of the lads said, with total seriousness and a hint of fear: "Here comes Killbot!"

It was like all of the nerdiest moments in robot wars and on the interweb evar condensed into online sweary gaming action form.

Still the most enthralling game I have ever played though, still so fresh, still feels so...right. Especially with Jebus heavy breathing - mmmm

xxxx

Big S

p.s. can't wait to show Yoshimax what obscenity is all about.

Comment

If Sean's playing, I simply must put some chrome upside his dome.

Comment

You could tell it was his first though, he was worryingly quiet, I think I only heard him say **** once!!! :fear:

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
                                If Sean's playing, I simply must put some chrome upside his dome.
                                Will send you a friend request thingy tonight, Billiam old chap

Comment

Working...
                                X