Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(close) Pro Evo 6 NTSC-UK UEFA Cup (RIP NTSC-UK League)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey chaps sorry I haven?t been around here as much. Been busy with work and helping my girlfriend out with her new house. It looks like im stuck with connection problems until I change provider which i am doing now. However since that type of thing normally takes a few weeks im going to have to withdraw from the league. I don?t want to but its not fair on the guys who i play.

For those who are interested the problem is this. According to some guy at Telewest the local node which i connect to regularly reaches its limit in terms of traffic that it can cope with. When this happens anything other than browsing the net is hamstrung because the connection then resets and goes to another node. Online gaming in particular falls foul of this as it requires a constant connection. Telewest helpfully informed me that they?re only really supplying the connection for browsing the net anyway and even more helpfully said maybe i should install my own business line.

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide View Post
      Hey chaps sorry I haven?t been around here as much. Been busy with work and helping my girlfriend out with her new house. It looks like im stuck with connection problems until I change provider which i am doing now. However since that type of thing normally takes a few weeks im going to have to withdraw from the league. I don?t want to but its not fair on the guys who i play.

For those who are interested the problem is this. According to some guy at Telewest the local node which i connect to regularly reaches its limit in terms of traffic that it can cope with. When this happens anything other than browsing the net is hamstrung because the connection then resets and goes to another node. Online gaming in particular falls foul of this as it requires a constant connection. Telewest helpfully informed me that they?re only really supplying the connection for browsing the net anyway and even more helpfully said maybe i should install my own business line.
      If you leave then it creates odd numbers which will mean leaving someone else out

Comment

Originally posted by revisedgenocide View Post

That's fair enough.

What if someone wants to pull out half way through the league? I just realized because it won't be fair on the people who never got chance to win some points against the person that could pull out. I'd say if anyone pulls out half way through (not counting revisedgenocide because he hasn't started yet) then we should all either get 3 points (apart from the people who have already beaten the potential quitter because they have already won the points) or we could all lose 3 points? It might sound confusing now because no one who's played has quit yet.

I guess we'll have to sort it out when/if the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
          If you leave then it creates odd numbers which will mean leaving someone else out
          We'll have to wait for someone to join or we'll have to kick you out mate

Comment

Originally posted by johnno15 View Post
            Believe me i dont want to leave mate but because the network dies from afternoon to late evening theres not much i can do. Seriously its unplayable .

Comment

If someone leaves surely we can let someone else who wants to join take their place? Hey, does this mean my loss is null and void?

Comment

oooo ok this creates a dilemma of sorts but if you have to leave, you have to leave. Will try and get a replacement in by Monday if possible, I know a few people on here were asking before. If that does happen Jebus (2nd round of fixtures match) and Illumanti (1st round of fixtures match) you will play your matches with that person. I think that should pretty much sort it out.

P.S - What does everyone think of the goal of the season idea? It has a reward at the end of it! lol!

Comment

How would goal of the season work?

Comment

If you think you score a goal worthy during a league game then get your camera phone out, and somehow get it on the web, so we can all see. Then at the end of the league we shall vote and the person with highest number of votes wins! Obviously my goals don't count, after all I am host and giving the award out.

P.S - We have a replacement for revisedgenocide in the form of Myth (aka MythJM on Xbox Live)
                    Last edited by ezee ryder; 13-01-2007, 19:03.

Comment

Yup I'll be taking his place just need to know when/who I need to play and I'll be there.

Comment

Well I'm your "round 2" opponent mate...

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                          Yup I'll be taking his place just need to know when/who I need to play and I'll be there.
                          yeah you gotta play illumanati and Jebus before 21st Jan and you will be up to date with everyone else. For list of gamertags and other details mate, just check on the first page of this thread.
                          Last edited by ezee ryder; 14-01-2007, 01:54.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                            i will be your 1st game palyer too, add me and we will arrange the game
                            cheers

Comment

Marmite (3 - 4) 1P King

It was a great game to play in, especially for me as i won and if it's any consolation Marmite that was probably the best game i've played so far on xbox live.

Amazingly i went 3-0 up in the first 30 minutes but that just seemed to make Marmite mad and he came storming back with 2 goals in what seemed like 2 seconds leaving me praying for the halftime whistle.

Second half saw more pressure from Marmite with me giving away a penalty under the pressure and going down to 10 men. He put the penalty away to level the match, only for me to grab the winner on the counter attack.

Good game Marmite
                              Last edited by 1P_King; 15-01-2007, 10:28.

Comment

Yeah good game mate. I didnt enjoy it nearly as much as i would have liked though - for starters my controls all got reset somehow by kick off (i dont use the default settings) - has anybody ever had this happen to them? I have played around 150 games online and its the first time it has ever happened to me.

This basically meant my player select settings were set to auto which i cant stand and couldnt do anything about, meaning some absolutely terrible player selections by the computer.

Not trying to take anything away from 1p King though - he took his chances well and his keeper had a blinder at times! Wouldnt mind a rematch sometime though! Its frustrating when you get put off by stuff outside your control from the word go.

Overall really bad start to the league for me, with a draw and a loss. Poop.

Comment

Working...
                                X