No announcement yet.

Initial D Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I make a small concession, the fake Mogyi (and possibly fake Usui courses) may be slightly different as they are more straight speed fests with no real challenging corners which means the cars with higher top speeds will have a slight advantage as once you reach top revs, they rarely drop again.

However, I'm not a fan of these courses. They are fine for becoming au fait with the handling and feel of your chosen car but they are not conductive to compelling Time Attack competitions.

Ditch them

Comment

some cars are better for certain tracks - now it depends on the person what tracks they feel they can get maximum points in and thus choose the car for those tracks, some cars are better suited to the earlier tracks with not many tight hairpins whilst other cars handle better through tight hairpins but lose out on the early tracks due to not having a fast enough top speed ... so its upto the driver's skill to compensate

1 car per person per entire championship

camps

Comment

Are there still places left, as I am intrested. Got a copy of the game tonight on a borrow whilst I am waiting for mine to arrive

Comment

places are still open

Comment

In that case I am in then, will decide on a car soon.

Comment

Not stated in the rules but is it okay to modified your times more than ones a week? This option will certainly makes it more uncertain (example: will Fuddle upgrade/post a better time ) as its all open till Sunday 8pm and imo intensify the battle. 8)

Comment

i'm assuming you can edit as much as you like.

its more interesting if people post better times throughout the week, as it gives you something to aim for.
                i think it will be quite boring if everyone just puts a time down 5 minutes before the end.

(and i'm off to edit my time right now )

EDIT...didnt know you put a time up before i wrote that ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                  i'm assuming you can edit as much as you like.
                  Good, I just wanted to check if it was alright.

Comment

How many spaces are still open?

I was really interested in participating because of my experience on Arcade stage but haven't had the money to purchase the game yet.

My arcade stage times are

Akina downhill - 2'58'xxx
                    Akina Uphill - 3'02'xxx
                    Happo Outbound - 2'34'xxx
                    Happo Inbound - 2'34'xxx
                    Myogi CCW - 2'54'xxx
                    Myogi CW - 2'53'xxx
                    Usui CCW - 2'55'xxx
                    Usui CW - 2'55'xxx

Mainly play Akina DH and Inbound

Comment

Originally posted by Excelsior
                      How many spaces are still open?

I was really interested in participating because of my experience on Arcade stage but haven't had the money to purchase the game yet.

My arcade stage times are

Akina downhill - 2'58'xxx
                      Akina Uphill - 3'02'xxx
                      Happo Outbound - 2'34'xxx
                      Happo Inbound - 2'34'xxx
                      Myogi CCW - 2'54'xxx
                      Myogi CW - 2'53'xxx
                      Usui CCW - 2'55'xxx
                      Usui CW - 2'55'xxx

Mainly play Akina DH and Inbound
                      Your arcade not got ver.2 yet? You need to race the Akagi downhill. It's a fantastic course. I actually had the house record at Namco for about an hour on Sunday

Comment

k my time 2:41.725

car was ryosukes FC (FC3S)

ps, i hate rain

Comment

as part of the challenge do you have to leave cars as standard or what, sorry if this has alredy bn explainined and ive missed it, i aint got the game yet so i dont understand some of the terms, ive ordered it now just waiting for it to arrive

Comment

You have to use the same car for the entire championship but it can be tuned on any of the courses.

I currently have the AE86 and the FD fully tuned on Course A

Comment

from earlier there are courses A-D can anyone fill me in on the differences between the 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Streets Of Rage
                                from earlier there are courses A-D can anyone fill me in on the differences between the 4?
                                Actually I don?t think anyone knows for sure yet. You choose a course/style to upgrade to that?s it.

Comment

Working...
                                X