No announcement yet.

Initial D Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, just got the final upgrade for Course B. What do the maintainence upgrades affect?

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
      Yeah, just got the final upgrade for Course B. What do the maintainence upgrades affect?
      Not the appearance. The maintenance upgrades involve tuning up the engine, changing the oil, brake fluid etc. The improvements aren?t massive individually but after you?ve accumulated a few, you will notice a slight performance boost in handling, acceleration and top speed.

During you time collecting these upgrades you will also sometimes be presented with an option for ?Parts Change?. My understanding of this is not 100% but what I gather from playing more myself (both Arcade Stage and Special Stage) plus talking with players who have been rinsing Arcade Stage ver.2 from day 1, the Parts Change option gives you the opportunity to modify certain parts of your cars appearance to match the parts from other tuning paths.

So, if you choose the Trueno GT-APEX (AE86) with parts course A, but like the wheel trims from parts course C, if the option is presented to you at one point, you can change the trims, but still retain the other Parts Course A modifications. However, the jury is still out on whether changing the parts affects performance in any way.

Comment

Strapping on spoilers work.

I had an AE86 course A finished, and found it to be pretty tough turning into corners... bought a big fat spoiler and it has given it more oversteer, and generally more slidey than it was before.

Oversteer i can cope with. Understeer, no.

Comment

Originally posted by geektanic weezmacht
          Strapping on spoilers work.

I had an AE86 course A finished, and found it to be pretty tough turning into corners... bought a big fat spoiler and it has given it more oversteer, and generally more slidey than it was before.

Oversteer i can cope with. Understeer, no.
          Guess that confirms it then. The parts change does affect performance.

Personally I have no trouble with my type A 86 understeering but if adding the spoiler (is it the spoiler from parts course C?) adds even more drift potential I may have to add it.

Personally I think (unless you are really struggling with cars performance) don't buy any parts until the maintenance upgrades are complete. Buying parts costs battle points so it will take longer to fully tune your car if you constantly buy new parts. But once a maintenance upgrade has been done, it can't be lost, even if your battle points drop below the required number to get the upgrade in the first place.

Once maintenance is complete, then change parts.

Comment

Yeah, the spoiler was from course C.

Feels more wild controlling it under heavy braking/turning at the same time. Much more my driving style
            Don't know how this will affect straight line speed though.

Comment

Had a quick bash and set a 2.48.569 in the RX-7 (FD3S)

Comment

Originally posted by Hodge
                Had a quick bash and set a 2.48.569 in the RX-7 (FD3S)
                Erm, course?

Comment

Qualifying course Happougahara, Downhill, in the rain.

Comment

heres my time then on the qualifying course, not the best by far but my current best time

using the AE86 but I am sure I can go faster in the FD

Comment

Sorry to thread Hi-jack, but I have a question regarding Initial D.

How import friendly is it? I played the arcade version in Asia and I loved it. Best racer I've played. Is it completely Japanese or is there parts in English?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasuke
                        Sorry to thread Hi-jack, but I have a question regarding Initial D.

How import friendly is it? I played the arcade version in Asia and I loved it. Best racer I've played. Is it completely Japanese or is there parts in English?
                        All Japanese I am afraid

Comment

Thanks for the help.

The japanese shouldn't be much of a problem.

Comment

this qualifying is for seeding i think,

question...

what is the seeding gonna effect on the championship?

Comment

Originally posted by camps
                              i am going to extend the entry/qualifying period for another week so that we can get more participants involved and more of the current peeps can post a time/car
                              Nice one.

Barely had a chance to practice in the last week.

As for chosen car, will probably go with the AE86, thats the only one i've tuned up to any degree.

Comment

Can i make a suggestion for this ch'ship...

to use the "real" myogi course rather than the "circuit" myogi course

and maybe the same with Usai (sp) atleast usai is a bit of a challenge, Myogi is just a case of who's car is better tuned, i was just playing myogi and i stayed static at 204 from the beginning of the 2nd lap til the end, its not really a challenge. me thinks

Comment

Working...
                                X