Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pmed our apponent and his team has confirmed for tommorow night, had one confirmation from my team so hopefully it should go ahead tommorow Curbstomp

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
      Already did...Tuesday for our team is best. Is there no way you can get on any earlier than 9pm mate? On of our team members is in cyprus which means thats 11pm his time...

It might be 3 vs 3 though as I said earlier...
      I don't see how it can be 3 vs 3. People are taking time out to play this, it's a bit unfair to sideline 1 player if the opposing team can't get their **** together. If you can't get 4 you need to either forfeit or 'fight through the pain'! with a reduced team, or grab the nearest person to you & give them a joypad!!

Comment

I'm quite excited about the match tonight (if it goes ahead)...

If we get a full on anal raping I'll be gutted!

Comment

Originally posted by bignige View Post
          I don't see how it can be 3 vs 3. People are taking time out to play this, it's a bit unfair to sideline 1 player if the opposing team can't get their **** together. If you can't get 4 you need to either forfeit or 'fight through the pain'! with a reduced team, or grab the nearest person to you & give them a joypad!!
          Fair enough Nige, makes sense I guess. I had to stick a one week deadline on though otherwise it could take forever to get a game in.

So shall we agree that if you can't get your full team involved on the agreed night, it's either forfeit or as you say, 2 vs 4, 3 vs 4 or () 1 vs 4?

The 3 vs 3 idea was purely based on the fact I didn't think it was likely we'd get that many chances for all 8 people to be online at the same time. For example, as I stated above...the captain of our opposition can only be online from 9pm, and that's fine BUT 2 of my team are postmen and another is in Cyprus. That means 3 of our 4 are bending over backwards just to get a game if you see what I mean.

There has to be some kind of compromise, that's why I thought it was be bloody difficult to get a full 4 vs 4 on a regular basis. 9pm tonight is going to be difficult for me for numerous reasons to be honest.

It's not Razu's fault at all, I'm getting a little worried at how hard this is going to be to get together though

Razu, I'm gonna have to say though, 9pm is too late for most of my team, is there any other day you can do it earlier? Can't do wednesday my end though (valentines day!).
          Last edited by Jebus; 13-02-2007, 09:20.

Comment

so what happens nige if we get a full team together on Saturday day for our match against you lot .....

Comment

I think if it's 1 vs 4, they may as well drop their pants from the start & take it like a man!
              Agreed with the 1 week thing, it's madness, the majority of people in this tournament play on XBL almost on a daily basis. Yet are never around when a tournament is organised! If only I hadn't been around the week of the DOA 4 drubbing!
              Anyways, our team is all but confirmed for tonights match(es) (Boris dragging his feet), if he'd rather play Crackdown, I know Jimtendo was interested in this tournie, so if he's around, he might be able to step into someones shoes?!

Comment

Originally posted by RustyS Badge View Post
                so what happens nige if we get a full team together on Saturday day for our match against you lot .....
                Well give us a time when's best for you & your team, & I'll make sure I'm there at the very least!

Comment

Yeah, what happens if they get the full four and it's just you! Hehe.

With the 3 vs 3 idea I also thought it meant that people couldn't sorta say "We can ONLY do this night" etc, it meant everyone had to compromise a little to arrange a date. IF it fell to a 3 vs 3 it's pretty easy to make it a rotation basis and say "Next time we have to do a 3 vs 3 then it's your turn to drop out".

If one team says : "We're only available at 10pm on Sunday night" or something, it really could force their opposition to either forfeit or fight a completely impossible task.

But fair enough, I can also see your point Nige. Should we extend the gametime to 2 weeks perhaps?

Should we take a vote or something?

Comment

Anyways, our team is all but confirmed for tonights match(es) (Boris dragging his feet), if he'd rather play Crackdown, I know Jimtendo was interested in this tournie, so if he's around, he might be able to step into someones shoes?!
                    I know where you're coming from, 3 of my team are confirmed for tonight but the captain of our opposition can't get online til 9pm...which is a problem, it's doable but if it's a close match it's gonna be really difficult for us time wise.

It's pretty typical really! Most of my team are available during the day all week (after 1pm ish) but we're probably in the minority.

I guess come the end of the week when the fixture results roll in (or don't) we'll at least know if it's worth carrying on.

Ultimately you've got 8 individuals who all work different hours/shifts which was always gonna be difficult. Let alone the fact that whatever game you're playing, your friends are always playing a bloody different one! Hehe.

I must admit, when posting my initial "setup" post, I was wondering if it'd be easier to do teams of THREE, then there'd be more teams and it'd be slightly easier to organise.

Lets just see how it goes?

EDIT: Just had a thought! Since I'd planned on making it "home and away" matches, how about we say the host/home team decides a day and time, and if the other team can't make it then they forfeit or play with 1,2,3 etc? Then, when it comes to the away fixture, the same applies, so it's fair? I would only add that we agree that the home team cannot say a silly time like Sunday 10/11pm or 2am etc. How would that suit everyone? I think that would work well, and most importantly it'd be fair on everyone.
                    Last edited by Jebus; 13-02-2007, 09:42.

Comment

Jebus how about rather than having the games fixed (i.e My Supreme Team VS Nige Gaylords) we play opportunistically i.e if you're online and your team's all on and I'm the same then we play and record the stats - Might work better than set games where getting all 8 people on at the same time is tricky.

Saying that - it shouldn't be - I can accomodate most dates I'm easy ><

Anal Raping Time........

Comment

I'm just concerned that say you guys play your match, you could be waiting weeks for the second fixture? The reason I set a week deadline is because it kinda forces people to be online and get the match in and done.

If we do play it as you've suggested it means that it's entirely random, and the same 8 people might be on all the time etc. Let's see how this weeks fixtures go, and if it doesn't work, no forfeits, we'll come up with an alternative way? As I say, the deadline and fixtures kinda force people to get off their asses and arrange the match!

If we say the home team picks the date and time (within reason) then at least it's fair and I personally think it's the way to go.

I'm still hoping my team can play our match tonight, I've pm'd Razu and we'll see how we go

EDIT: I agree though Yosh, it shouldn't be tricky. For example, I'm free between 2pm - 10pm weekdays and evenings sat and sunday. Thats a huge area to get a fixture in.

Perhaps it's worth each captain getting a list of times when their team are free (most of the time) and then it'll be dead easy to get a game in. Amongst your own team you can collate the times and work out a few times a week you're all free, you've then just got to match that up with your opponents captain and bosh, it's on.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                          Jebus how about rather than having the games fixed (i.e My Supreme Team VS Nige Gaylords) we play opportunistically i.e if you're online and your team's all on and I'm the same then we play and record the stats - Might work better than set games where getting all 8 people on at the same time is tricky.

Saying that - it shouldn't be - I can accomodate most dates I'm easy ><

Anal Raping Time........
                          Seeing as we failed to get it done Sunday then this Fri evening or Sunday evening are the only possible times for me. Still need confirmation from Helmet Yoshi asap, if he cant then we'll draft in jimtendo. Im sure we can easy get our 4 together on Sunday evening afterall (if you count jim) we had all 4 last. Certinly makes sense to play both home and away fixtures in one go. Over to Yoshi's rent boys

Comment

The only problem with playing home/away at the same time is that each week is supposed to be a different map, therefore the return away fixture would be on a different map! I kinda like the idea as well that if you lose, you can bide your time and hopefully get revenge at a later date

I really hope people can get their games going. It's hard I know cos it's 8 people, but we're all gamers so we're all on at some point

All we need is each team captain to ask their members "Can you be online on <day> at <time> or <day> at <time>" Surely given two options we can sort it out

Does everyone think for this first fixture, we should allow 2 weeks? In the pro evo league most people got it sorted really quick (albeit it's only 1 vs 1) but if a lot of teams get the matches done sooner then perhaps I can just announce the second set of fixtures etc and so on?

I was also thinking of leaving out "Escalation" and "Rooftops" from the league since most people I've played hate them, would that bother anyone in particular?

EDIT: Excellent news, The Fukkunts VS Team Bonesaw, 19:30 tonight agreed between captains!

I'm not gonna talk tall in case we lose 10-0 but I'm really looking forward to this. I just hope our fourth member is available and we can put up a good fight!

**** I better get on the ranked matches and get some training in whilst little man and my missus are asleep (both got a horrible bug!)...I've not played this game yet this week due to the ****ing brilliant online mode in Spinter Cell!
                            Last edited by Jebus; 13-02-2007, 10:35.

Comment

So who're we actually playing tonight?! It says Yoshi's team...
                              Are we only playing against 1 team tonight? Seems odd if we're managing to get a few online tonight...
                              My head's hurting, I don't know what the hell's going on. I'll be online at 8pm sharp.

Comment

I think if it's 1 vs 4, they may as well drop their pants from the start & take it like a man!
                                Agreed with the 1 week thing, it's madness, the majority of people in this tournament play on XBL almost on a daily basis. Yet are never around when a tournament is organised! If only I hadn't been around the week of the DOA 4 drubbing!
                                Originally posted by RustyS Badge View Post
                                Seeing as we failed to get it done Sunday then this Fri evening or Sunday evening are the only possible times for me. Still need confirmation from Helmet Yoshi asap, if he cant then we'll draft in jimtendo. Im sure we can easy get our 4 together on Sunday evening afterall (if you count jim) we had all 4 last. Certinly makes sense to play both home and away fixtures in one go. Over to Yoshi's rent boys
                                Yus i'm still interested, if there's a member who can't be online then, i can fill their boots for the time being.

I'm on most nights... however (possibly) this Saturday evening is a no-no.

Comment

Working...
                                X