This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears of War knockout Tourney

Right people we all know what happened with jebus's gears of war league that he had going, hopefully we have all learned from that and some of the mistakes that were made by pretty much everybody.

Anyways I am suggesting that we maybe try and get a little knockout tournament going, I am sure that there is a lot of people on the forum that wouldnt mind giving some kind of gears tourny another whack.

So what I am suggesting is that if anyone is interested then here is a few groundrules to maybe get a tournament started

1. Teams to consist of 3 players (will make it a little easier to get games arranged)

2. Team captain must be off the forum (other 2 players can be from elsewhere)- invite your friends along

3. If for any reason you arrange your knockout match and players dont turn up, no ringers shall be brought in (you must play with 1 or 2 players) against however many turn up from the other team.

4. Knockout rounds will consist of 2 games, with host going to each team in turn. (this makes it fair with the host advantage)

5. Each game will be up to five rounds on warzone with 3 minute rounds and 5 second bleedout times. (should get the games over quicker and save on drawn rounds)

6. Host team gets to choose the map which is played on.

7. After both teams have hosted a game to five rounds, if both teams both win a game then it will be decided on round difference so if team 1 wins 5-1 and then loses 3-5, then that would mean they would actually win 8-6.

8. once your 3 team tames are specified on the forum then there shall be no changing of players in mid tourney (except if there is any special circumstances)

okay then well hopefully that is a few decent rules laid out, if anyone has any other ideas that might make it run any smoother then feel free to let me know, also if anyone is interested in playing in the tourney then drop your name on here with your 2 other player names and If we can get enough teams into it we shall get it started as soon as we can.

cheers guys
    Last edited by neverevertrevor; 12-05-2007, 22:18.

count me in SILENT MOUNTIAN my tag

Comment

Aye go on then.

Comment

Go on, just so I can kick Yoshi's fag-tagging ass all over the place again.

Comment

Count me in too. I reckon the 2min round duration could lead to a lot of drawn games though, especially on the bigger, more elaborate maps.

Comment

Ill be there. Never played it online, but halfway through insane

Comment

Ok then nice one so far we have 13 players

NEVEREVERTREVOR
              YESTERYEAR GAMES (SILENT MOUNTAIN)
              YOSHIMAX
              ANEPHRIC
              KUBRICK
              NICK PAVEY
              BIG NIGE
              EZEE RYDER
              NEMBOT (KILLBOT V2)
              RUBIQ
              NECRONOMICON UK
              ROSSCO - MAYBE
              AKIRS (HAZUKI X)
              Last edited by neverevertrevor; 14-05-2007, 16:15.

Comment

Alright kubrick maybe your right about the 2 minute rounds although I do think that the only map that might take a little bit longer IS

OLD BONES

anyways i have changed the rules and added on a full minute to the round times so now we have 3 minute rounds, hopefully that will stop 1 or 2 draws that might happen!

Comment

I'll give it a go. Count me in.

Comment

Yeah I will give it a go too!

Comment

Come on guys we could do with a few more players coming to join!

If any of the people who have already put their name forward could let me know if they have anyone away from the forum going to be in their team that would be great, I can then start working out how many teams we have so far and how many we can make up with single players that have put their name down.

I will start of with the first names of the people on my tean

team 1 - neverevertrevor, nembot (killbot v2). RUBIQ
                      team 2 - soi, bignige, yoshimax
                      Last edited by neverevertrevor; 15-05-2007, 18:12.

Comment

With the GoW league debarcle all but forgotten it`s time some competitive Gears again, there`s gonna be a paddlin`!

Comment

call me if someone needs back up
                          (be warned though, I haven't played it in a while and I like to be Johnny Rambo..)

Comment

Just curious as to how this tournament will pan out - why aren't the teams drawn randomly, instead of the tournament organiser having 'first pick' - getting some serious schoolday flashbacks with how that one panned out ....

Seriously, after the GoW league fell apart due to all the bitching going on, despite Jebus' best efforts at keeping it all under control, the very last thing you need heading into any tournament is controversy regarding the team selection - either get someone impartial to the tournament picking teams at random or this tournament won't last 2 rounds.

If you want the site to organise a tournament for you then just ask.

Comment

ill hve a bash at this add me trever mate

gamertag rubiq

Comment

Working...
                              X